To charge the battery pack using only
the AC Adaptor
Slide the POWER switch up to OFF (CHG),
then connect the AC Adaptor directly to the
DC IN jack on the camcorder.
Open the jack cover
Available running time for the
supplied battery pack NP-FP50
Approximate time (min.) required when you
fully charge a completely exhausted battery
Approximate time (min.) available when you
use a fully charged battery pack.
When [REC MODE] is set to [HQ].
When the LCD backlight turns on.
When the LCD backlight turns off.
Typical recording time shows the time when you
repeat recording start/stop, turning the power on/
off and zooming.
On the battery pack
• Before changing the battery pack, slide the
POWER switch to OFF (CHG).
• The power will not be supplied from the battery
as long as the AC Adaptor is connected to the DC
IN jack of your camcorder, even when the power
cord is removed from the wall outlet.
On the charging/recording/playback time
• Times measured with the camcorder at 25°C
(77°F). (10-30°C (50-86°F) is recommended.)
• Available recording and playback time will be
shorter when you use your camcorder in low
• The available recording and playback time will
be shorter depending on the conditions under
which you use your camcorder.
On the AC Adaptor
• Connect the AC Adaptor to an easily accessible
wall outlet close by. If any trouble occurs while
using the adaptor, immediately shut off the power
by removing the plug from the wall outlet.
• Do not use the AC Adaptor placed in a narrow
space, such as between a wall and furniture.
• Do not short-circuit the DC plug of the AC
Adaptor or battery terminal with any metallic
objects. This may cause a malfunction.
• Even if your camcorder is turned off, AC power
(house current) is still supplied to it while
connected to the wall outlet via the AC Adaptor.
You can use your camcorder in any countries/
regions using the AC Adaptor supplied with your
camcorder within the AC 100 V to 240 V, 50/60 Hz
Use a commercially available AC plug adaptor [a],
if necessary, depending on the design of the wall