3. Remove the carburetor joint from each cyl-
4. Remove the
flange bolts from the rear cylinder. Remove
the exhaust pipes.
1. Clamp bolt
2. Flange bolt
5. Disconnect the inlet pipe from each cylinder
Water pump cover and pipe joints
1. Remove the water pump cover securing
2. Pull off the water pump cover and joint
pipes toward you as a single unit.
1. Water pump cover
pipe clamp and
2. Joint pipe
covers, cylinder heads, and
1. Remove the spark plug from each cylinder.
bolts on the rear cylinder.
3. Remove the
four oil plugs from each cylinder head.
4. Rotate the #1 cylinder piston so that it is at
TDC of the compression stroke.
1. Oil plug
5. Remove the cam sprocket securing bolt
from each camshaft.
1. Cam sprocket
When loosening the cam sprocket securing bolt,
the hexagonal portion at the center of the camshaft
should be held with a 22 mm (0.87 in) spanner.
cylinder head cover and