6. Public Halls (Facilities Such as Day-care Centers)
6.1 System Design Challenges
For buildings located near airports and military bases, etc., that required soundproofing, air conditioning and ventilation
facilities had conventionally been of the centralized type. However, independent dispersed air conditioning and ventilation
systems had been necessary due to the need for zone control, as well as for energy conservation purposes. The system
detailed below was a plan for these types of buildings.
Building specifications : Two floors above ground floor, Total floor space: 4,150 ft
: GF Study rooms (two rooms), office, day-care room, lounge
2F . . . . . Meeting room
Air conditioning : GF Air-cooling heat pump chiller and fan coil unit
2F . . . . . Air-cooling heat pump package air conditioner
: Ceiling-embedded Lossnay unit
6.2 System Requirements
(1) Conventional systems used centralized units with air-handling units, and air conditioning and ventilation were performed together.
1) Special knowledge was required for operation, and there were problems in response to the users' needs.
2) When the centralized method was used, the air even in rooms that were not being used was conditioned, increasing
3) Machine room space was necessary.
4) Duct space was necessary.
(1) Air-conditioning Facilities
1) Small rooms
: Air-cooling heat pump chiller and fan coil unit combination
2) Meeting rooms : Single duct method with air-cooling heat pump package air conditioner
(2) Ventilation Facilities
1) A ceiling-embedded-type Lossnay unit was used in each room, and a silence chamber, silence-type supply/return
grille, silence duct, etc. was incorporated on the outer wall to increase the total soundproofing effect.
(1) Operation was possible without special training, so system management was easy.
(2) Zone operation was possible, and was thus energy-saving.
(3) Soundproof ventilation was possible with the separately installed ventilators.
(4) Energy saving ventilation was possible with the energy recovery ventilation.
(5) Ceiling-embedded-type Lossnay unit saved space.
Ground Floor Layout
Examples of Lossnay Applications