1.2.1 Points to Note Before
Starting the Work
iR5570 / iR6570
Keep the following in mind when installing the
1. If the machine is moved from a cold to a warm place
for installation, condensation can develop in its
pickup/feeding assembly, causing image faults. To
avoid the condensation, leave the machine
unpacked for 1 hr or more so that it will be fully
used to the room temperature.
condensation refers to the phenomenon that occurs
on a metal surface when it is brought from a cold to
warm location as the result of rapidly cooled vapor.
It is seen as droplets of water on the metal surface.
2. When carrying the machine into/out of the site, if it
is required to go up/down the stairs, be aware the
1) Remove the ADF assembly, Fixing feeder unit and
Duplexing unit from the main body, and carry them
into/out of the site separately from the main body.
2) Lift the machine with the four corners at the
bottom, not with right and left grips (3 grips).
3) The machine weighs about 215kg. Be sure to lift
the machine in a group of 4.
3. Be sure to work for installation in a group of 3 or
more, especially when removing the pad, one
person each at the rear and the front will hold the
grip, and another person will remove the pad and
the bottom plate.
iR5570 / iR6570
1) Open the shipping box, and remove the plastic
2) Open the cardboard box attached, take a grip  out
of the box, and put it into the front of pickup
Be sure to put the stopper of grip in a downward
direction into the machine. If it is in reversed, the grip
may disengage from the main body when it is lifted.
3) Hold the two grips at the delivery assembly (front/
rear), and lift the main body with them slightly