Please comply with these instruc-
tions. If you do not, any damage re-
sulting is not covered by the
This appliance conforms with the
following EU Directives:
– 73/23/EEC dated 19.02.1973 Low
– 89/336/EEC dated 03.05.1989 EMC
Directive inclusive of Amending Di-
– 93/68/EEC dated 22.07.1993 CE
• This appliance should be used only
for normal domestic cooking and fry-
ing of food.
• The appliance must not be used as a
work surface or as a storage surface.
• Additions or modifications to the ap-
pliance are not permitted.
• Do not place or store flammable liq-
uids, highly inflammable materials or
fusible objects (e.g. plastic film, plas-
tic, aluminium) on or near the appli-
safety instructions electrolux 5
• Small children must be kept away
from the appliance.
• Only let bigger children work on the
appliance under supervision.
• To avoid small children and pets un-
intentionally switching the appliance
on, we recommend activation of the
child safety device.
The appliance may only be installed
and connected by trained, registered
• Built-in appliances may only be used
after they have built in to suitable
built-in units and work surfaces that
• In the event of faults with the appli-
ance or damage to the glass ceramic
(cracks, scratches or splits), the ap-
pliance must be switched off and
disconnected from the electrical
supply, to prevent the possibility of
an electric shock.
• Repairs to the appliance must only
be carried out by trained registered
Safety during use
• Overheated fats and oils can ignite
very quickly. When cooking with fat
or oil (e.g. chips) do not leave the ap-
• Risk of burns! Fat or oil added to a
pan which has already been heated
ignites very quickly and can spit.
• There is the risk of burns from the
appliance if used carelessly.
• Remove stickers and film from the
• Cables from electrical appliances
must not touch the hot surface of the
appliance or hot cookware.
• Switch cooking zone off after every