When Installing this Product...
1. Read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow
them could damage the product or cause a
2. Check the ratings given in the instructions and on
the product to make sure the product is suitable for
3. Installers must be trained, experienced, and licensed
4. Follow local codes for installation and application.
5. After installation is complete, check out the product
operation as printed in these instructions.
Risk of electrical shock.
Can cause severe injury, property damage or death.
Disconnect power supply before installation and before
Check That You Have All the
Necessary Equipment For a
• AQ2000 Series components
— AQ2000 Series Control Panel – already installed
— AQ Expansion Zoning Panel(s)
— Digital Thermostats (one for every space heating zone
• Low voltage thermostat wire
• Zoning equipment (zone valves or pumps)
Fig. 1. AQ255 Expansion Zoning Panel Layout (AQ25582B shown).
AQ255 AND AQ257 SERIES EXPANSION ZONING PANELS
Read All Instructions Carefully
The AQ2000 Series Control Panels are a part of a totally new
family of hydronic controls. And although they, and other
AQ2000 system components, are very easy to install and
operate, they are different than other hydronic controls that you
have previously installed. Take a moment to read through this
document before beginning the installation. Failure to follow
these instructions could damage the product or cause a
Familiarize Yourself With the AQ255 /
AQ257 Expansion Zoning Panel
Refer to Fig. 1 on page 3. In general, the top terminals of all
AQ255 / AQ257 Expansion Zoning Panels carry low voltage
(24Vac) power and the bottom terminals carry either line
voltage (120 Vac) power for the AQ25542B and AQ25582B
models, or low voltage (24 Vac) power for the AQ25742B and
AQ25744B models. The two exceptions to this are:
1. AQ25744B Expansion Zoning Panel for use with zone
valves with end switches.
2. AQ25742B Expansion Zoning Panel when used with low
voltage zone valves without end switches.
For these the two exceptions, the bottom terminals of the
AQ10X38 Transformer carry line voltage (120 Vac), but the
bottom terminals of the Zoning Module will carry low voltage
(24 Vac) power.