Electrical Shock Hazard
Plug into an earthed outlet.
Do not remove earth prong.
Do not use an adapter.
Do not use an extension cord.
Failure to follow these
instructions can result in
death, fire, or electrical shock.
If your Coffee Maker should fail to
operate as expected, please check
1. If the display is not illuminated:
• Check to see whether the Coffee
Maker is plugged into a grounded
outlet. If it is, check the fuse or circuit
breaker on the electrical circuit the
Coffee Maker is connected to and
make sure the circuit is closed.
2. If only a portion of the water added to
the Coffee Maker actually brews:
• The Coffee Maker requires immediate
descaling. Please refer to the "Care
and cleaning" section.
3. If you hear three rapid tones:
• There is no water in the water tank.
The Coffee Maker will not brew. Fill
the water tank with fresh, cool water
and continue with the brewing
cycle as described in the
"Brewing coffee" section.
4. If "Er1" flashes on the display and you
hear one tone:
• A button may be jammed. Unplug
the Coffee Maker and press each
button several times. Plug the Coffee
Maker into a grounded outlet. If "Er1"
appears again on the display, repeat
5. If coffee overflows the filter basket:
• The brew basket is not completely
closed. Close the brew basket and
ensure it clicks firmly into place.
• Too much coffee was placed into the
6. If water exits from the back of the
• Too much water was poured in to the
If the problem is not due to one of
the above items, see the "Warranty
and service" section.
Do not return the Coffee Maker to the
retailer as they do not provide service.
TROUBLESHOOTING | 23