• The function decreases the power of
the other cooking zones connected to
the same phase.
• For cooking zones that have a
reduced power, the control panel
shows the maximum possible heat
• The activation of the function
depends on the number and size of
5. HINTS AND TIPS
Refer to Safety chapters.
For induction cooking zones
a strong electro-magnetic
field creates the heat in the
cookware very quickly.
Use the induction cooking
zones with suitable
• correct: cast iron, steel, enamelled
steel, stainless steel, multi-layer
bottom (with a correct marking from a
• not correct: aluminium, copper,
brass, glass, ceramic, porcelain.
Cookware is suitable for an induction
• water boils very quickly on a zone set
to the highest heat setting.
• a magnet pulls on to the bottom of
The bottom of the cookware
must be as thick and flat as
Ensure pan bases are clean
and dry before placing on
the hob surface.
Induction cooking zones adapt to the
dimension of the bottom of the
The cooking zone efficiency is related to
the diameter of the cookware. The
cookware with a diameter smaller than
the minimum receives only a part of the
power generated by the cooking zone.
Refer to "Technical data".
5.2 The noises during
If you can hear:
• crack noise: cookware is made of
different materials (sandwich
• whistle sound: you use the cooking
zone with high power level and the
cookware is made of different
materials (sandwich construction).
• humming: you use high power level.
• clicking: electric switching occurs.
• hissing, buzzing: the fan operates.
The noises are normal and do not refer
to hob malfunction.
5.3 Öko Timer (Eco Timer)
To save energy, the heater of the
cooking zone deactivates before the
count down timer sounds. The difference
in the operation time depends on the
heat setting level and the length of the