• An existing file cannot be overwritten. Delete or rename an existing file with the file delete command (delete, mdelete) or
the file rename command (rename) before writing files.
• A read-only file or a file locked by the function except for FTP cannot be written. If attempted, a write error occurs.
• A file cannot be transferred when the SD memory card used is protected. If attempted, a write error occurs.
• A temporary file (FTP_I***_#.TMP) is automatically created at a file writing. (*** is first three digits of start I/O number, and #
is the hardware port number to which FTP client is connected.) The file is renamed the write target file name when a writing
is completed, however, the temporary file may remain if the system is powered off or the CPU module is reset during a file
writing. In this case, delete the temporary file with the file delete command (delete, mdelete).
• In high-speed write mode, a temporary file is not created at a file writing. Therefore, if the system is powered off or the CPU
module is reset during a file writing, a file in the middle of the writing remains. In this case, delete this file with the file delete
command (delete, mdelete) and write a file again.
• When the file register is set as a refresh device, do not perform any writing or deletion to the corresponding drive.
• When writing a large file to the SD memory card, set the CPU module to STOP. If writing is performed in the RUN state, a
communication error may occur.
• The number of files that can be written into the specified drive is maximum [maximum number of files that can be written] -
1 file. For details on the maximum number of files that can be written to the CPU module, refer to the following.
MELSEC iQ-R CPU Module User's Manual (Startup)
• Decide the timing for deleting the files for the entire system including the CPU module and engineering tool.
• Files with read-only attributes and files that are locked by a function other than FTP cannot be deleted. An error will occur if
• The file cannot be deleted if the SD memory card is protected. An error will occur if attempted.
The FTP password can be reset with the following procedure when it is lost.
Read the parameters from the CPU module with the engineering tool.
Click the [Restore the Default Settings] button in "Application Settings" to return all "Application Settings" to the default
Set the "FTP Server Settings" and "Application Settings" again.
Write the set parameters to the CPU module.
Enable the parameters by powering off and on or resetting the CPU module.
When the FTP password is lost, all items set in "Application Settings" must be reset in addition to the "FTP
1.9 File Transfer Function (FTP server)