Please read all instructions before using this appliance.
• Have the installer show you the locations of the circuit
breaker or fuse and the gas shut off valve. Mark them
for easy reference.
• This appliance must be properly installed and grounded
by a qualified technician. Connect only to properly
grounded outlet. Refer to Installation Instructions for details.
• Service should only be performed by an authorized
service technician who has undergone training for this
specific type of unit. This is a high-tech appliance.
Unauthorized service technicians may not be familiar with
the sophisticated workings of this appliance and may,
therefore, cause damage to the unit or create a hazard.
Contact the nearest authorized service center for
examination, repair or adjustment.
• Do not repair or replace any part of the range unless
specifically recommended by an authorized service
• Do not operate this appliance if it is not working
properly or if it has been damaged until an authorized
servicer has examined it.
• Use this appliance only for its intended use as described
in this manual. If you have any questions, contact the
• Do not use corrosive chemicals, vapors, flammables or
nonfood products in this appliance. This type of range is
specifically designed to heat or cook food. It is not designed for
industrial or laboratory use. The use of corrosive chemicals in
heating or cleaning will damage the appliance and could
result in injury.
• Secure all loose garments, etc. before beginning. Tie
long hair so that it does not hang loose, and do not wear
loose fitting clothing or hanging garments such as ties,
scarves, jewelry, or dangling sleeves. Avoid reaching or
leaning over the appliance. Be aware that certain clothing
and hair sprays may contain flammable chemicals that could
be ignited if brought in contact with hot surface units or
heating elements and may cause severe burns.
• In the event that personal clothing or hair catches
fire, DROP AND ROLL IMMEDIATELY to extinguish flames.
• Do not touch the cooking area(s) or the immediate
surrounding area(s) while using the range or while it is
cooling. Areas adjacent to the burners, oven and warming
drawer may become hot enough to cause burns and may be
hot even though they are off. Never let clothing, potholders,
or other flammable materials come in contact with a cooking
area until it has cooled.
• Do not operate range during a power failure. If the power
fails, always turn off the range. If the range is not turned off
and the power resumes, the range will begin to operate
again. Once the power resumes, reset the clock and oven
• Always turn hood ON when flambeing food (i.e. Crepes
Suzette, Cherries Jubilee, Pepercorn Beef Flambe).
• Clean ventilating fans frequently. Grease should not
be allowed to accumulate on the blower or filter. Grease left
on filters can remelt and move into the vent.
• DO NOT operate oven without oven bottom in place.
Important Safety Instructions
WARNING: If the information in
this manual is not followed exactly, a
fire or explosion may result causing
property damage, personal injury or
Do not store or use combustible materials,
gasoline or other flammable vapors and
liquids in the vicinity of this or any other
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS:
• Do not try to light any appliance.
• Do not touch any electrical switch.
• Do not use any phone in your build-
• Immediately call your gas supplier
from a neighbor's phone. Follow
the gas supplier's instructions.
• If you cannot reach your gas
supplier, call the fire department.
Installation and service must be performed
by a qualified installer, authorized service
agency or the gas supplier.
• Whenever possible, do not operate the blower during a
cooktop fire. However, DO NOT REACH THROUGH FIRE
TO TURN OFF BLOWER.
• Do not clean the range while it is still hot. Some cleaners
produce noxious fumes when applied to a hot surface.
• Exercise caution when opening the oven or warming
drawer. Standing to the side, open the door slowly and
slightly to let hot air and/ or steam escape. Keep your face
clear of the opening and make sure there are no children or
pets near the unit. After the release of hot air and/ or steam,
proceed with your cooking. Keep doors shut unless necessary
for cooking or cleaning purposes. Do not leave open doors
• Do not heat or warm unopened food containers either in
the oven or the warming drawer. Build-up of pressure may
cause the container to burst and cause injury.
• Always place oven racks in desired location while oven
is cool. If a rack must be moved while oven is hot, do not let
potholder contact the hot heating elements.
• Always use dry potholders. Moist or damp potholders on
hot surfaces may result in burns from steam. Do not let
potholder touch hot heating elements. Do not use a towel or
other bulky cloth.
• Do not use water or a wet rag or towel on a grease fire.
Smother fire with baking soda or use a dry chemical or foam-
type (ABC) extinguisher.
• Take care that drafts like those from fans or forced air
vents do not blow flammable material toward the
flames or push the flames so that they extend beyond the
edges of the pan.