Be sure to observe the following precautions concerning the bobbin.
• Only use prewound bobbin (COATS "L" type/TRU-SEW POLYESTER
"Filaments") or bobbins designed specifically for this machine. Use of any other
bobbin may result in injuries or damage to the machine.
• Use a bobbin thread that has been correctly wound, otherwise the needle may
break or the thread tension will be incorrect.
• When winding a bobbin, only use optional bobbin winder and metal bobbins (Part code: 100376-053).
• When winding the bobbin, be sure to use cotton or spun polyester bobbin thread (between 74 dtex/2 and
Upper thread recommendations
Be sure to observe the following recommendations concerning the upper thread.
• It is recommended that rayon or polyester embroidery thread be used (120 den x 2 / 135 dtex x 2 / 40
weight (in Americas and Europe) / #50 (in Japan)).
Be sure to observe the following recommendations concerning the fabric.
• Your machine can embroider fabric that is up to 2 mm (5/64 inch) thick. If thicker fabric is sewn, the
needle may bend or break.
• When embroidering overlapping stitches, it is difficult for the needle to penetrate the fabric, possibly
resulting in the needle bending or breaking.
• Attach stabilizers to thin or stretch fabrics.
• When embroidering large pieces of fabric, make sure that the fabric is not caught in the carriage.
Be sure to observe the following recommendations concerning the use of the operation panel display.
• Only touch the display with your finger or included touch pen. Do not use a mechanical pencil,
screwdriver or any other hard or sharp object. In addition, do not apply extreme pressure to the
display screen, otherwise damage to the display screen may result.