ENERGY SAVING TIPS
1- Ensure your appliance is installed in a well ventilated area. If the ambient
temperature is low (but in no case lower than 5 degrees C), then the energy
saving will be more. In this case, check temperatures of fridge and freezer
compartments with an accurate thermometer and lower the thermostat setting
(towards 1) if necessary.
2- Ensure the time between buying chilled/frozen food and placing them in your
appliance is kept at minimum, particularly in summer. We recommend you use
a cool bag or a special carrier bag to carry frozen food.
3- Do not leave the door (s) of your appliance open longer than necessary and
ensure they are closed properly after each opening.
4- Defrost frozen food in the fridge compartment, so that frozen food acts as an
ice pack to assist cooling in the fridge.
If the appliance does not operate when switched on, check whether:
• The plug is inserted properly in the socket and that the power supply is on. (To
check the power supply to the socket, plug in another appliance)
• The fuse has blown/circuit breaker has tripped/main distribution switch has
been turned off.
• The temperature control has been set correctly.
• New plug is wired correctly if you have changed the fitted moulded plug.
If the appliance is still not operating after the above checks, please refer to the
section on "How To Obtain Service".
Please ensure that above checks have been made as a charge will be made if no
fault is found.
Your new Beko product is guaranteed against the cost of breakdown repairs for
twelve months from the date of the original purchase.
What is covered?
• Repairs necessary as a result of faulty materials, defective components or
• The cost of functional replacement parts, but excluding consumable items.
• The labour costs of a Beko approved repairer to carry out the repair.
What is not covered?
• Transit, delivery or accidental damage or misuse and abuse.
• Cabinet or appearance parts, including knobs, flaps, handles or container
• Accessories or consumable items including but not limited to, ice trays, scrapers,
cutlery baskets, filters and light bulbs.
• Repairs required as a result of unauthorised repair or inexpert installation that
fails to meet the requirements contained in the user instruction book.
• Repairs to products used on commercial or non-residential household premises.
• Loss of frozen food in freezers or fridge/freezers. (Food loss insurance is often
included within your household contents insurance policy, or may be available
separately from your retailer).
• Your Beko product is designed and built for domestic household use only.
• The guarantee will be void if the product is installed or used in commercial
or non-residential domestic household premises.
• The product must be correctly installed, located and operated in accordance
with the instructions contained in the User Instructions Booklet provided.
• Professional installation by a qualified Electrical Domestic Appliance Installer
is recommended for all Washing Machines, Dishwashers and Electric Cookers
• Gas Cookers must only be installed by a CORGI (or BORD GAIS) registered
• The guarantee is given only within the boundaries of the United Kingdom and
the Republic of Ireland.
• The guarantee is applicable only to new products and is not transferable if the
product is resold.
• Beko disclaims any liability for incidental or consequential damages.
The guarantee does not in anyway diminish your statutory or legal rights.