Description of the device
The CP 5711 is a communications processor for connecting PCs (personal computers) or
PGs (programming devices) to PROFIBUS and MPI networks. The essential properties are
● Transmission speeds up to 12 Mbps.
● Floating RS-485 connector.
● Linking of up to 32 devices (PC, PG, SIMATIC S7 or ET 200) to form a network segment.
– By linking several segments with repeaters, up to 64 nodes can be connected.
● The additional interface signals for a direct link to a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)
are supported up to 187.5 Kbps.
● Connection to PGs and PCs with a USB Interface:
– At the CP end: Type B with locking mechanism
– At the PG/PC end: Type A
– Plug and play
● With an additional DIN rail holder, the CP is suitable for mounting on a 35 mm DIN rail.
Operating Instructions, 02/2018, C79000-G8976-C283-05