Do not connect the power cord until lubrication has been completed, otherwise the machine may operate if the
treadle is depressed by mistake, which could result in injury.
Be sure to wear protective goggles and gloves when handling the lubricating oil, so that it does not get into your
eyes or onto your skin.
If care is not taken, inflammation can result. Furthermore, do not drink the lubricating oil. Diarrhea or vomiting may
Keep the oil out of the reach of children.
When cutting the nozzle of the oil tank, hold the base of the nozzle securely.
If you hold the end of the nozzle, injury from the scissors may result.
The sewing machine should always be lubricated and the
oil supply replenished before it is used for the first time,
and also after long periods of non-use.
1. Hold the base of the nozzle of the accessory oil tank
(1), and use scissors to cut about half-way along the
straight section (A) of the nozzle.
2. Loosen and remove the nozzle, and then remove the
3. Tighten the nozzle.
4. Tilt back the machine head.
5. Remove the rubber cap (3), and pour lubricating oil
into the oil tank (4) until it reaches the upper reference
line (5). (Approx. 150 ml)
6. Replace the rubber cap (3).
7. Return the machine head to its original position.
When the machine head is tilted back at times such
as the following, lubricating oil may leak out from the
oil pan (6).
1) If the machine head is tilted back immediately after
2) If the machine head is tilted back a long way when
the head rest has been removed;
3) If lubricating oil is added until the oil level goes
above the upper reference line (5) on the oil tank
<Lubrication oil replenishment interval>
If the oil level drops below the lower reference line (7)
on the oil tank (4), be sure to replenish the oil.