8.5 Switching on again after an emergency switching-off
Switching on again after an emergency switching-off
● Check the machine before recommissioning the driven machine after an Emergency Off.
● Eliminate all the causes that have led to the emergency off
The stoppage is a shutdown for a period of time, during which the machine is stopped but
remains at the location of use.
Under normal ambient conditions, e. g. the stopped machine is not exposed to any vibration,
no increased level of corrosion, etc. in general, the following measures are necessary during
Measures for machines ready to operate during longer non-operational periods
● For longer periods when the machine is not being used, either energize it at regular intervals
● Please refer to the section "Switching on" (Page 77) before switching on to recommission
Avoidance of condensation or formation of condensation within the machine
● If the controller does not do this automatically, switch on any anti-condensation heating
● Observe the specifications on the anti-condensation heating plate in this regard.
(roughly once a month), or at least spin the rotor.
Damage due to improper storage
The machine can be damaged if it is not stored properly.
● If the motor is out of service for extended periods of time, implement suitable anti-
corrosion, preservation, and drying measures.
● When recommissioning the motor after a long period out of service, carry out the
measures recommended in the chapter entitled "Commissioning (Page 69)".
during stoppages. This will avoid the formation of condensation.
SIMOTICS HV C 1NB1402-2AA84-4CA0-Z
Operating Instructions 06/2018