5.1 Preparations for installation
Preparations for installation
Requirements for installation
The following requirements must be satisfied prior to starting installation work:
● Staff have access to the relevant installation instructions and operating instructions.
● The machine is unpacked and ready for mounting at the installation location.
Insulation resistance and polarization index (Page 40)
Damage to mounted parts and components as a result of high temperatures
The motor components get very hot during operation. High temperatures can damage parts
mounted by customers, such as cables manufactured out of materials that are not heat
● Temperature-sensitive parts must not come in contact with or be attached to components
● Only use heat-resistant mounting parts. The connecting cables and cable entries must be
Insulation resistance and polarization index
Measuring the insulation resistance and polarization index (PI) provides information on the
condition of the machine. It is therefore important to check the insulation resistance and the
polarization index at the following times:
● Before starting up a machine for the first time
● After an extended period in storage or downtime
● Within the scope of maintenance work
Further machine-specific information for installation can be found in Chapter "Technical
data and drawings" (Page 113).
Measure the insulation resistance of the winding before starting installation work
Measure the insulation resistance of the winding before starting any installation work. If the
insulation resistance lies below the specified value, take appropriate remedial measures.
These remedial measures may necessitate the machine being removed again and
mounted on the machine.
suitable for the particular application.
SIMOTICS HV C 1NB1402-2AA84-4CA0-Z
Operating Instructions 06/2018