Care of Humidifier Tank (continued)
1. Partially fill the water reservoir with one 8oz. cup of
undiluted white vinegar. Let solution stay 20 minutes.
2. Clean all interior surfaces with soft brush. Dampen soft
cloth with undiluted white vinegar and wipe out the
water reservoir to remove scale.
3. Rinse thoroughly with clean warm water to remove
scale and cleaning
1. Fill water
and add 5 teaspoons
bleach (1 teaspoon chlorine bleach in 1 gallon water.)
Let solution stay 20 minutes, swishing every few min-
utes. Wet all surfaces.
Care of Filter
I WARNING: To avoid electric shock, always unplug
humidifier before removing or replacing any parts.
maintain maximum efficiency, the filters should be
at least once a season,
or more often
under hard water conditions.
Use Sears recom-
mended replacement filter.
Dry out the unit completely before changing filters. (See
Cleaning of Humidifier Tank).
1. Unplug the electrical cord.
2. Before removing the filters, we recommend moving the
humidifier to an area where floor coverings
to water damage,
3. Remove the lid completely from the unit by closing and
lifting up from the hinge holders.
4. With one hand on each side of the motor support sec-
tion, lift straight up and set gently on the floor in an
Be sure the humidifier
the fan may come on after the motor support
tion is removed from the tank.
2. Empty water reservoir after 20 minutes. Rinse with
water until bleach smell is gone. Dry with clean cloth or
End of Season
1. Follow bi-weekly
at end of
season or when humidifier will not be
used for at least one week or more.
2. Remove and throw away filters.
. ,3. Let humidifier dry completely
store with water inside water reservoir.
4. Store in cool, dry location.
5. Install new filters and clean humidifier before next sea-
way to clean filter is to completely submerge filter in
a bucket or sink full of clean cool water and dip
6. Replace the filter (in holder) in the humidifier tank by
lining up rear slot on filter holder frame with track on
tank. Tilt holder toward rear and lower until front tab
lines up with front slot on the filter holder. (See Figure
7. The filter holder sits on a float located at the bottom of
8. Pick up the motor support section and, while standing
over the tank, locate the tabs that the support section
sits on. Be sure the electrical cord is lined up with the
rear opening, and gently slide the motor support sec-
tion down into the tank.
9. Replace the lid and follow the filling and operating
5. The filter is enclosed in a filter holder. Lift out the entire
holder to gain access to the filter.
a. To replace
filter, remove used one from plastic
holder by gently pushing from the side, insert a new
filter in the filter housing.
b. To clean filter, lift out filter holder, leaving dirty filter
in the holder. You can either dry out'filter
wet. Place filter and holder under cold tap water on
medium pressure and rinse. Not all of the dissolved _
solids will wash off of filter, but this procedure will
restore filter to a more efficient condition. Another