Chapter 4. Configuring the server
This chapter provides the following information to help you configure the server:
• "Using the Setup Utility program" on page 37
• "Using the ThinkServer EasyStartup program" on page 43
• "Configuring RAID" on page 45
• "Configuring the Ethernet controllers" on page 51
Using the Setup Utility program
The Setup Utility program is part of the server firmware. You can use the Setup Utility program to view and
change the configuration settings of your server, regardless of which operating system you are using.
However, the operating system settings might override any similar settings in the Setup Utility program.
Starting the Setup Utility program
To start the Setup Utility program, do the following:
1. Connect the server to an ac power source and press the power button on the front panel to turn on the
server. See "Turning on the server" on page 5.
2. Press the F1 key as soon as you see the logo screen. Then, wait for several seconds, and the Setup
Utility program opens. If you have set a password, type the correct password to enter the Setup Utility
program. For password information, see "Using passwords" on page 40.
Setup Utility program interface
This topic provides information about the menus and items in the Setup Utility program.
Depending on the version of your system BIOS, some menu or item information might differ slightly from the
information in this topic.
• The default settings already are optimized for you. Use the default value for any item you are not familiar
with. Do not change the value of unfamiliar items to avoid unexpected problems. If you consider changing
the server configuration, proceed with extreme caution. Setting the configuration inproperly might cause
unexpected results. If you cannot turn on the server because of incorrect BIOS settings, use the Clear
CMOS jumper to restore the BIOS settings to the factory default settings. See "System board
components" on page 31.
• If you have changed any hardware in the server, you might need to upgrade the BIOS and the TMM
The following menus are listed on the BIOS Setup Utility screen:
• "Main menu" on page 38.
• "Advanced menu" on page 38.
• "Boot menu" on page 38.
• "Security menu" on page 39.
• "Server Mgmt menu" on page 39.
• "Exit menu" on page 39.
© Copyright Lenovo 2017