Reset and startup response
A reset is initiated under the following circumstances:
• Processor failure(e.g. watchdog).
• After a power failure.
• After a bus power failure.
• Upon completion of a self test (using the communication object "StatusRequest").
• Via ETS (without a startup delay):
– After the download of the physical address.
– After the download of the parameters.
– Via ETS ( Commissioning, Reset ).
• After parameter setting in ACS.
• After leaving the parameter setting mode in the HandyTool.
• After test with the HandyTool.
The application is restarted after every reset. Depending on the controller address, this
may take 1 ... 255 s.
Then, the bus connection is opened and all connected valve actuators are
synchronized. This takes the following time depending on application and actuator type:
– Typically 170 s for closing (runtime + 10%) for motorized actuators.
– 300 s ON and 300 s OFF (3rd party: 400 + 400 s) for thermal actuators.
The application is placed in a safe state. Any outputs that are not synchronized are not
operated (triac outputs = 0, and relay = open).
Normal operation is resumed after synchronization.
When the controller exist the test mode, only a soft reset is carried out:
– The valve actuators and dampers are synchronized.
– The control algorithm, but not the complete application, is restarted.
• Each time the control sequence reaches 0% or 100%, a limit position
synchronization takes place.
– For motorized actuators close or open during (runtime + 10%).
– 300 s ON and 300 s OFF (3rd party: 400 s) for thermal actuators.
LED flashing pattern
An LED is located at the controller's bottom right indicating the operating state by
various flashing patterns:
Programming mode for address assignment (ETS3 / ACS).
• Startup phase (see above 13.1)
Orange / green,
• No application selected (see 4.1).
– Download from ETS3 or ACS.
– Room unit QAX34.3 in HandyTool mode.
RXB (KNX) application library
FNC Description of functions for FC-10, FC-11, FC-12
28 Feb 2009