• Each room controller has 9 different room temperature setpoints :
One heating and cooling setpoint for the room operating modes Comfort, Precomfort,
Economy and Protection as well as a Frost limit value.
• The setpoints
– are defined in the tool during engineering.
– runtime- adjusted by the communication objects (DESIGO, Synco)
This does not apply to the Protection setpoints and the frost setpoint (page 33).
• The setpoints are shifted
– Centrally via KNX bus from the building automation and control system
(only Comfort , Precomfort and Economy ).
– Locally via PPS2 by a room unit or a setpoint adjustment unit
(only Comfort and Precomfort ).
– The controller controls the values internally to ensure that sensible periods are
adhered to between the various room operating modes.
• The result is 8 present setpoints.
• The effective room operating mode selects one setpoint each for heating and
cooling from the 8 setpoints.
These are the effective setpoints to which the controller executes control.
Comfort heating setpoint
Comfort cooling setpoint
Precomfort heating setpoint
Precomfort cooling setpoint
Economy heating setpoint
Economy cooling setpoint
Protection heating setpoint
Protection cooling setpoint
RXB (KNX) application library
Central setpoint shift heating
Central setpoint shift cooling
room operating mode
Effective heating setpoint SpH
Effective cooling setpoint SpC
FNC Description of functions for FC-10, FC-11, FC-12
Local setpoint shift
8 present setpoints
28 Feb 2009