• Each room controller knows 9 different room temperature setpoints :
One heating and cooling setpoint each for the room operating modes Comfort,
Precomfort, Economy, and Protection as well as Frost risk limit value .
• The setpoints are:
– Defined in the tool during engineering.
– Adjusted during runtime by the communication objects (DESIGO, Synco).
This does not apply to Protection setpoints and Risk of frost limit values
• The setpoints are shifted :
– Centrally via KNX bus from the building automation and control system
(only Comfort , Precomfort and Economy ).
– Locally via PPS2 by a room unit or a setpoint adjustment unit
(only Comfort and Precomfort ).
– The controller controls the values internally to ensure that sensible periods are
adhered to between the various room operating modes.
• The result are 8 present setpoints.
• The Effective room operating mode selects one value each for heating and cooling
from the 8 setpoints. These are the effective setpoints used by the controller.
Comfort heating setpoint
Comfort cooling setpoint
Precomfort heating setpoint
Precomfort cooling setpoint
Economy heating setpoint
Economy cooling setpoint
Protection heating setpoint
Protection cooling setpoint
room operating mode
RXB (KNX) Applications library
Central setpoint shift heating
Central setpoint shift cooling
8 present setpoints
Effective heating setpoint SpH
Effective cooling setpoint SpC
CLC and RAD description of functions for CC-02 CM110384en_03
Local setpoint shift
28 Feb 2009