Tantalum Capacitor ( SCL Series ) The SCL series is a slim type of conventional SCS series. Its ability is same as SCS series even though it has thinner thickness that is max. 64% of SCS series. General Features - Environment-Friendly (Pb-free) tantalum capacitor - Low-profile case size - Reduced thickness up to 64% of SCS series - Molded Case available in four case codes.
● ABBRIVIATION OF TANTALUM CAPACITOR ● TYPE OF SERIES The symbol shows the type of the capacitor. SCL : Samsung apacitor Low-profile series ● RATED VOLTAGE Symbol DC Rated Voltage ● CAPACITANCE Symbol Capacitance ( ㎌ ) Pico Farad ( ㎊ ) Symbol Capacitance ( ㎌ ) 10.0...
● PACKING Symbol Packing Code ● PACKING POLARITY Taping and Reel for Chip Tape + Polarity Mark APPEARANCE AND DIMENSON Code EIA Code 2012-09 3216-12 3528-12 6032-15 7343-18 7 inch 13 inch Taping and Reel for Chip Direction of Feed + Polarity Mark DIMENSION (mm) 2.0 ±0.2...
● Standard value and Case size Ultra Flat Low Profile Tantalum Chip Capacitors STANDARD VALUE AND CASE SIZE W .V Cap.(㎌) ()Under Development New products (2005.01~) are show n in blue. Environmentally friendly tantalum chip capacitors w ith lead-free terminal/Conform to RoHS 6.3V (0G) (0J)
: STANDARD RESISTOR(PROTECTIVE R :1K Ω ) : DC VOLTMETER OR ELECTRONIC VOLTMETER S1 : DC POWER SUPPLY SWITCH S2 : PROTECTIVE SWITCH FOR A AMMETER : TEST CAPACITOR : DC AM-METER FOR LEAKAGE CURRENT AC VOLTAGE(0.5Vrms OR LESS) OF A...
SURGE TEST WHERE R1 : PROTECTIVE SERIES RESISTOR (33 Ω ) R2 : DISCHARGE RESISTOR( 33 Ω ) Cx : TEST CAPACITOR V : DC VOLTAGE S : SWITCH RATED VOLTAGE 2.5V SURGE VOLTAGE 3.1V TEST CONDITION CHANGE IN DURATION CAPACITANCE ( Δ...
ITEMS WHEN OPERATING AT HIGH TEMPERATURE RANGE FROM 85 ℃ to 125 ℃ , THE OPERATION SHALL BE CARRIED OUT AT A DERATED VOLTAGE OR LESS DERATING VOLTAGE Vt AT ANY TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 85 ℃ AND 125 ℃ SHALL BE CALCULATED BY THE FOLLOWING EQUATION VOLTAGE DERATING % DERATING...
ITEMS A STATIC LAOD OF 19.6N USING A R0.5 SCRATCH TOLL SHALL BE APPLIED ON THE CORE OF THE COMPONENT AND IN THE DIRECTION OF THE ARROW AND HOLD FOR 5 SEC. THE TEST BOARD SHALL BE IEC 40(S)541. HOWEVER THE BASE MATERIAL SHALL BE G-10 or FR-4 (ANSI GRADE) ADHESION (ELECTRODE...
ITEMS SOLDER TEMPERATURE : 245±5 ℃ DIP TIME : 3±0.5 SEC. SOLDERABILITY SOLDER : Sn-3Ag-0.5Cu [Pb-free] FLUX : ROSIN(KSM2951)+Solvent(ISA) (ROSIN 25WT%) PREHEAT : 100 ∼ 110 ℃ FOR 30 SEC. TEMPERATURE : 260±5 ℃ DIP TIME : 10 ±1 SEC ALL SAMPLES SHALL BE DIPPED IN SOLDER BATH.
ITEMS THE CAPACITOR SHALL BE STORED AT A TEMPERATURE OF 40 ± 2 ℃ AND RELATIVE HUMIDITY OF 90% TO 95% FOR 500 ± 8 HOURS. MOISTURE ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENTS SHALL BE MADE RESISTANCE AFTER BEING BOARD AT ROOM TEMPERATURE FOR 1 ∼ 2 HOURS. FOR OTHER PROCEDURES REFER TO IEC Pub.
PACKAGING ● MARKING ▶ S CASE A106 ▶ T CASE ▶ V,W CASE Capacitance Code DC Working Voltage (G:4V J:6.3V A:10V C:16V D:20V) Polarity (White) Capacitance ㎌ DC Working Voltage Polarity (White) Polarity (White) ㎌ Capacitance DC Working Voltage...
▶ R CASE Capacitance Code DC Working Voltage (G:4V J:6.3V A:10V C:16V D:20V) Polarity Capacitance Range < 1.0 ㎌ 1.0 ㎌≤ Cap.< 10 ㎌ ≥ 10 ㎌ 【 Code Reference 】 ㎌ 0.22 0.33 0.47 0.68 (White) 1 DIGIT A Small Letter A Capital Letter A Capital Letter A Capital Letter...
● EMBOSSED PLASTIC TAPE The tantalum chip capacitors shall be packaged in tape and reel form for effective use. - Tape : Semitransparent embossed plastic - Cover tape : Attached with press, polyester - The tension of removing the cover tape, F=10 ∼...
● REEL DIMENSION Tape A±2 N Min. Width (±0.079) ø70 (2.756) ø178 ø60 12mm (2.362) ø330 ø80 (13) (3.150) 12mm Case Size reference S, T V, W C±0.5 D±0.5 B±051 (±0.020) (±0.020) (±0.020) ø13 ø21 (0.512) (0.827) (0.079) ø13 ø21 (0.512) (0.827) (0.079)
APPLICATION MANUAL The operational attentions to the use of the tantalum capacitors are as follows: - Electrical - Environmental - Conditions for mounting on equipment and circuit boards - Mechanical vibration, shock If the tantalum capacitors are used without satisfying any one of these conditions, the probability of short-circuiting, leakage current, ignition or other problems to occur increases.
● RIPPLE The maximum permissible ripple voltage and current are related to the ratings case size. Please consult us detail in formations. ▶ Ripple Current The maximum permissible ripple current, ESR(f) where: MAX : Maximum permissible capacitor ripple current (Arms). PMAX : Maximum permissible capacitor power loss (W).
Table.2 Hz VS K Frequency 0.65 0.50 0.45 0.43 100k 0.40 0.35 ▶ Ripple Voltage If an excessive ripple voltage is applied to the tantalum capacitors, their internal temperature rises due to Joule heat, resulting in the detriment of their reliability. ▷...
▷ When using the capacitors in a circuit in which a reverse voltage is applied, consult your local SAMSUNG ELECTRO-MECHANICS agent. If the application of an reverse voltage is unavoidable, it must not exceed the following values. At 20°C: 10% of the rated voltage of 1 V, whichever smaller.
● RELIABILITY OF TANTALUM CAPACITORS ▶ General The failure rate of the tantalum capacitor varies with the digression ratio, ambient temperature, circuit resistance, circuit application, etc. Therefore, when proper selections are made so as to afford additional margins, higher reliability can be derived from the tantalum capacitors.
, when it leads to installation of higher voltage capacitors of much larger size. It is possible to lose more via higher inherent failure rate than is gained by voltage derating. SAMSUNG typically recommends 50% derating, especially in low impedance circuits.
Table 4 Circuit Impedance Reliability Factors C ircuit Im pedanc e (ohm s/volt) 3 or gre ater ● MOUNTING PRECAUTIONS ▶ Limit Pressure on Capacitor Installation with Mounter A capacitor that has been damaged should be discarded to avoid later problems resulting from mechanical stress.
Table 4 Recommended soldering pattern dimensions(mm) Dimensions Capacitors Case ▶ Chip Soldering Temperature and Time Capacitors are capable of withstanding the following soldering temperatures and conditions; ▷ Waved soldering Capacitor body temperature : 230℃∼ 260℃ Time : 5 seconds or less ▷...
● OTHER ▷ For further details, refer to EIAJ RCR-2368, Precautions and Guidelines for Using Electronic Device Tantalum Capacitors. ▷ If you have any questions, feel free to contact your local SAMSUNG ELECTRO-MECHANICS agent. 350 ℃ 3 sec 30 W...