TURN OFF WATER SUPPLY
1. Close the main water supply valve, located near the
well pump or water meter.
2. Open all faucets to drain all water from house pipes.
NOTE: Be sure not to drain water from the water
heater, as damage to the water heater ele-
ments could result.
INSTALL THE BRINE TANK OVERFLOW
Install the brine tank overflow grommet and elbow in
the 13/16" diameter hole in the back of the salt storage
NOTE: The brine tank overflow elbow accepts either
1/2" or 3/8" I.D. hose.
MOVE THE WATER SOFTENER INTO PLACE
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and install
Failure to do so can result in back or other
1. Move the water softener into the desired location.
Set it on a solid, level surface.
IMPORTANT: Do not place shims directly under the
salt storage tank to level the softener.
The weight of the tank, when full of
water and salt, may cause the tank to
fracture at the shim.
2. Visually check and remove any debris from the
water softener valve inlet and outlet ports.
3. Make sure the turbine assembly spins freely in the
"out" port of the valve.
4. If not already done, put a light coating of silicone
grease on the single bypass valve o-rings.
5. Push the single bypass valve into the softener valve
as far as it will go. Snap the two large holding clips
into place, from the top down as shown in Figures 9
IMPORTANT: Be sure the clips snap firmly into place
so the single bypass valve will not pull
of water softener
valve inlet & outlet
NOTE: Be sure all 3 tabs of the clip go through the matching
holes on the water softener valve inlet or outlet, and
fully into the channel on the single bypass valve.
Make sure that the tabs are fully seated.
Single Bypass Valve
of clip channel on
single bypass valve