Shipping the Printer
When shipping the printer for relocation, moving, etc. over a long distance or by use of a
transportation means (airplane, train, automobile, etc.) accompanied by vibrations, be sure to make
preparations following the procedure described below.
• Call place of purchase for advice before you ship the printer a long distance or move the
printer by car or truck where it may be subjected to shock and vibration. Moving the printer
without the proper preparation could subject it to shocks and vibrations which could damage
the printer and cause a fire.
• Before shipping the printer, be sure to execute [Shipping The Printer] from the printer driver.
• Shipping the printer without taking necessary measures could cause an ink leak inside the
printer, resulting in a fire, electric shock, or machine failure.
• This product weighs about 25 kg (55 lbs.). Two persons standing at the front and back of the
printer must lift the printer while holding the left and right handles provided at the bottom of
the printer. If you lift the printer in an unnatural posture, you may drop it, resulting in an injury.
In addition, if you hold the feeder area or auto stacker (paper eject section), you may damage
it or drop the printer, resulting in an injury.
• Always hold the printer level and carry it slowly. If ink is spilled inside the printer while moving
it, this could cause a fire or serious electrical shock or damage the printer.