Connecting the Printer and Computer
This section explains how to connect the printer to the computer. The printer is compatible with Hi-
Speed USB and LAN.
• The USB cable is hot-swappable. However, it should be noted that the USB cable should not be
connected or disconnected in the following cases:
– When the computer is being booted. (before the desktop appears)
– When the printer is printing.
– When the printer driver is being installed.
When disconnecting the USB cable with the computer or printer powered, be sure to remove the
USB plug on the computer side (USB hub side) in advance.
When reconnecting the USB cable, wait for at least 5 seconds after disconnecting it. If you connect
the USB cable too early, the printer may malfunction.
• A USB cable is not provided with the printer. Please prepare a cable that matches the port on your