Notational Failure to follow directions noted by this symbol could result in bodily harm or damage to equipment. Prohibited Do not disassemble Do not touch Power When not used for extended period of time, set your computer to DPMS. If using a screen saver, set it to the active screen mode. Do not use a damaged or loose plug.
This may cause an electric shock or fire. Do not pull the plug out by the wire nor touch the plug with wet hands. This may cause an electric shock or fire. Use only a properly grounded plug and receptacle. An improper ground may cause electric shock or equipment damage.
This may cause damage to the product or human body. Install the monitor base in a showcase or shelf so that the end of the base does not protrude from the showcase or shelf. Dropping the product may cause damage to the product or personal injury. Do not place the product on the floor.
Installation by unqualified personnel may result in injury. Always use the mounting device specified in the owner's manual. When installing the product, make sure to keep it away from the wall (more than 10cm/4inch) for ventilation purposes. Poor ventilation may cause an increase in the internal temperature of the product, resulting in a shortened component life and degraded performance.
Make sure to unplug the power cord before cleaning the product. Otherwise, this may cause electric shock or fire. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet and wipe the product using a soft, dry cloth. Do not use any chemicals such as wax, benzene, alcohol, thinners, insecticide, air freshener, lubricant or detergent.
Do not try to move the monitor by pulling only the wire or the signal cable. This may cause a breakdown, electric shock or fire due to damage to the cable. Do not move the monitor right or left by pulling only the wire or the signal cable.
Be careful that adapter should not be in contact with water and therefore not be wet. This may cause malfunction, an electric shock or fire. Do not use adapter by the waterside or outside particularly when it rains or snows. Be careful that adapter should not be wet while cleaning floor with water.
to vibrations. Dropping the product may cause damage to the product or personal injury. Using the product in a location prone to vibrations may shorten the lifetime of the product or may catch fire. When moving the monitor, turn off and unplug the power cord. Make sure that all cables, including the antenna cable and cables connecting to other devices, are disconnected before moving the monitor.
Please make sure the following items are included with your monitor. If any items are missing, contact your dealer. Contact a local dealer to buy optional items. Unpacking Monitor Manual Warranty Card User's Guide, Monitor Driver, Quick Setup Guide (Not available in all locations) Natural Color software Cable...
D-Sub Cable Audio Cable Sold separately DVI Cable Others Remote Control Front Power Cord Radio Antenna DC Adapter Batteries (AAA X 2) 1. MENU 2. AUTO 3. ENTER/FM RADIO 4. SOURCE 5. PIP MagicBright™ 8. + VOL - 9. Power button / Power indicator 10.
1. MENU Use this button for open the on-screen menu and exits from the menu screen or closes screen adjustment menu. 2. AUTO Use this button for auto adjustment. If you change resolution in the control panel, Auto function will be executed. >>Click here to see an animation clip 3.
adjusts the audio volume. >>Click here to see an animation clip 9. Power button / Power indicator Use this button to turn the monitor on and off./ Power Indicator shows PowerSaver mode by green blinking. 10. Remote Control Sensor Aim the remote control towards this spot on the Monitor. PowerSaver described in the manual for further information regarding power saving functions.
3. COMPONENT IN 4. FM ANT / ANT IN 5. EXT(RGB) 6. S-VIDEO / VIDEO / L-AUDIO-R / COMPONENT IN ( R-AUDIO-L / PR / PB / Y ) : DVD/DTV left / right audio connection terminal (R/L) DVD/DTV Component(P FM ANT / ANT IN : FM RADIO ANT connection terminal TV connection terminal...
Remote Control The performance of the remote control may be affected by a TV or other electronic device operated near the monitor, causing malfunction due to interference with frequency. 1. POWER 2. Number button 3. +100, -/-- 4. - 5. MUTE 6.
1. POWER Use this button to turn the monitor on and off. 2. Number button Selects TV channels in the TV mode. You may use this button in PIP mode as well. 3. +100 Press to select channels over 100. For example, to select channel 121, press "+100", then press "2"...
17. P.SIZE - Not available in PC/DVI Mode Press to change the screen size. Zoom1, Zoom2 are not available in 1080i(or over 720p) of DTV. 18. STILL Press the button once to freeze the screen. Press it again to unfreeze. Push the PIP button to turn PIP screen On/Off.
Connecting the monitor 1. Connecting to a Computer Connect the power cord to the DC adapter and then connect the adapter jack to the DC POWER port on the monitor. (Voltage is automatically adjusted by the power adapter.). 2-1. Using the D-sub (Analog) connector on the video card. Connect the signal cable to the 15-pin, D-sub connector on the back of your monitor.
If you connect properly your monitor using the DVI connector but get a blank or fuzzy screen, check to see if the monitor status is set to analogue. Press Source button to have the monitor double-check the input signal source. 2.
1. Input devices such as DVDs, VCRs or Camcorders are connected to the Video or S-Video terminal of the monitor using the RCA or S-Video cable. S-Video, RCA cable and EXT(RGB) cable is optional. 2. Then, start the DVD, VCR or Camcorders with a DVD disc or tape inserted. 3.
1. Connect the CATV or antenna coaxial cable to the Antenna terminal on the rear of the monitor. You need to use a coaxial antenna cable. When using an interior antenna terminal: Check the antenna terminal on the wall first and connect the antenna cable. When using an outdoor antenna: If you are using an outdoor antenna, use a professional for installation if possible.
2. Connect a video cable between the component( P jacks on the DVD / DTV set top box. 3. Select Component using the SOURCE button on the monitor's front. 4. Connecting Headphone You may connect your Headphone to the monitor. 1.
3. Fully recline the monitor backward pressing the FOLD button. 4. Reconnect the monitor cables. You may install a VESA base 2. Removing the base You can separate the base from the monitor. 3. Install a VESA base 1. Lay the LCD monitor face-down on a flat surface with a cushion beneath it to protect the screen. 2.
Samsung Electronics will not be responsible for damages caused by using a base other than those specified. Installing the Monitor Driver(Automatic) When prompted by the operating system for the monitor driver, insert the CD-ROM included with this monitor. Driver installation is slightly different from one operating system to another.
4. If you can see following message window, then click the "Continue Anyway" button. Then click "OK" button. This monitor driver is under certified MS logo,and this installation doesn't damage your system.The certified driver will be posted on Samsung Monitor homepage. http://www.samsung.com/. 5. Monitor driver installation is completed.
4. Click the "Properties" button on the "Monitor" tab and select "Driver" tab. 5. Click "Update Driver.." and select "Install from a list or.." then click "Next" button. 6. Select "Don't search ,I will.." then click "Next" and then click "Have disk". 7.
8. If you can see following message window, then click the "Continue Anyway" button. Then click "OK" button. This monitor driver is under certified MS logo,and this installation doesn't damage your system.The certified driver will be posted on Samsung Monitor homepage. http://www.samsung.com/ 9. Click the "Close" button, then click "OK" button continually.
1. Click "Start" , "Setting" , "Control Panel". 2. Double click the "Display" Icon. 3. Choose the "Settings" tab and then click "Advanced..". 4. Choose "Monitor". Case1: If the "Properties" button is inactive, it means your monitor is properly configured. Please stop installation Case2: If the "Properties"...
Samsung Electronics in association with Korea Electronics & Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI). This system is available only for Samsung monitors and makes the color of the images on the monitor the same as the printed or scanned images.
Input Available Mode : PC / DVI Description Source Use to select PC, TV or other external input source connected to the List Monitor. Use to select the screen of your choice. - The direct button on the remote control is 'SOURCE' button. •...
- Available in PC Mode Only 1) PIP • ON/ Off : Turn the PIP Screen on or off. - The direct button on the remote control is 'PIP' button. 2) Source • PC / DVI : TV / Ext.(EXT.(RGB)is mainly used in Europe.) / AV / S-Video / Component Mode : Select the input source for the PIP.
Available Mode : PC / DVI Description MagicBright™ MagicBright™ is a new feature providing the optimum viewing environment depending on the contents of the image you are watching. Currently four different modes are available: Entertain, Internet,Text and Custom. Each mode has its own pre-configured brightness value. You can easily select one of four settings by simply pressing the MagicBright™...
If you adjust picture using Color Control function, Color Tone will turn to Custom mode. Image Lock Image Lock is used to fine-tune and get the best image by removing noise that creates unstable images with jitter and shimmer. If satisfactory results are not obtained using the Fine adjustment, use the Coarse adjustment and then use Fine again.
settings. - The direct button on the remote control is 'P.MODE' button. • Dynamic • Standard • Movie • Custom Custom You can use the on-screen menus to change the contrast and brightness according to personal preference. 1) Contrast : Adjusts the Contrast. 2) Brightness : Adjusts the Brightness.
Available Mode : PC / DVI Description Mode The Monitor has a built-in high fidelity stereo amplifier. - The direct button on the remote control is 'S.MODE' button. 1) Standard : Choose Standard for the standard factory settings. 2) Music : Choose Music when watching music videos or concerts.
BBE and Dolby Virtual cannot be functioned at the same time. Select You can select either Main or Sub when PIP is On. Sound • Main / Sub FM Radio Press the button on the front or the "FM RADIO" button on the remote control to select the "FM RADIO"...
and the channels may not be added to the channel memory. Add/Delete Adds or deletes channels from the memory. Fine Tune Due to weak signals or an incorrect antenna configuration, some of the channels may not be tuned correctly. Amplifies signals when antenna reception is poor. However, if incoming signals are interfering with each other, turn off LNA as it may malfunction.
Caption Enables or disables the Caption feature and sets the appearance of closed caption text. 1) Caption : Off / On 2) Mode : Caption / Text 3) Channel : 1 / 2 4) Field : 1 / 2 Menu Changes the opaqueness of the background of the OSD.
4) PASSWORD Be careful not to misplace the remote control since without it, RESET to select or cancel MagicChannel is impossible. If you don't remember your pin number, turn the power off and PASSWORD press 'MUTE+8+2+4'(press each key within 2 seconds' interval) and then turn on the power to initialize the pin number.
Self-Test Feature Check Check the following items yourself before calling for service. Contact the problems that you cannot solve by yourself. Self-Test Feature Check Not Supported Mode Maintenance and Cleaning Symptoms & Recommended Actions 1. Self-Test Feature Check Your monitor provides a self test feature that allows you to check whether your monitor is functioning properly.
Finish. Do not use benzene, thinner or other flammable substances, or a wet cloth. We recommend a Samsung cleansing agent is used to prevent damage to the screen. Never use acetone, benzene or thinner. (They may cause flaws or deformation of the screen surface.) The user will be required to pay costs and related expenses for repair of damages caused by him/her.
6. Symptoms and Recommended Actions A monitor recreates visual signals received from the computer. Therefore, if there is trouble with the computer or the video card, this can cause the monitor to become blank, have poor coloring, noise, Video mode not supported, etc. In this case, first check the source of the problem, and then contact a service center or your 1.
"Not Supported Mode" message Picture rolls vertically. Image is not clear. Picture is blurred. Picture image is unstable and vibrates. Ghost images are shown in the picture. The image is too light or too dark Screen color is inconsistent. Color image is distorted with dark shadows.
Q & A Question How can I change the frequency? How can I adjust the resolution? How can I set the Power Saving function? How can I clean the outer case/LCD Panel? Check if the power is on. Check if the power cord is securely connected. Check if a special fluorescent or neon lamp is on in the vicinity.
General General Model Name SyncMaster 932MP LCD Panel Size 19,0" Diagonal Display area 376.32mm (H) x 301.056mm (V) Pixel Pitch 0.294mm (H) x 0.294mm (V) Type a-si TFT active matrix Synchronization Horizontal 31 ~ 81kHz Vertical 56 ~ 85Hz Display Color...
ENERGY STAR Power saving mode EPA/ENERGY 2000 Green Green, Blinking Less than 2W (Off-mode) ® compliant and ENERGY2000 ® Partner, SAMSUNG has determined that this ® guidelines for energy efficiency. Power off (Power button) Black Less than 1W (110Vac)
Preset Timing Modes If the signal transferred from the computer is the same as the following Preset Timing Modes, the screen will be adjusted automatically. However, if the signal differs, the screen may go blank while the power LED is on. Refer to the video card manual and adjust the screen as follows.
Broadcasting PAL-B/G Systems Italy Sweden Germany Norway Spain Israel Denmark Countries Portugal Netherlands Austria Singapore Indonesia Australia Broadcasting Systems SECAM-B Iran Iraq Saudi Arabia Countries Syria Lebanon Egypt Horizontal Frequency The time to scan one line connecting the right edge to the left edge of the screen horizontally is called Horizontal Cycle and the inverse number of the Horizontal Cycle is called Horizontal Frequency.
Service The address and phone number of the company can be changed without previous notice. AUSTRALIA : Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd. Customer Response Centre 7 Parkview Drive, Homebush Bay NSW 2127 Tel : 1300 362 603 http://www.samsung.com.au/ BRAZIL : Samsung Eletronica da Amazonia Ltda.
Tel. 214 148 114/100 Fax. 214 148 133/128 Free Line 800 220 120 http://www.samsung.pt/ SOUTH AFRICA : Samsung Electronics,5 Libertas Road, Somerset Office Park, Bryanston Ext 16. Po Box 70006, Bryanston,2021, South Africa Tel : 0027-11-549-1621 Fax : 0027-11-549-1629 http://www.samsung.co.za/...
Terms Sync Signal Sync (Synchronized) Signals refer to the standard signals that are required to display desired colors on the monitor. They are divided into Vertical and Horizontal Sync Signals. These signals display normal color images by the set resolution and frequency. Types of Sync Signals Separate This is a scheme of transmitting individual vertical and horizontal sync signals to...
Channel Fine Tuning This feature allows the viewer to fine-tune the TV channel to obtain the best viewing conditions. The Samsung LCD TV has both automatic and manual channel fine-tuning features to enable the viewer to adjust their desired settings.
Reproduction in any manner whatsoever without the written permission of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is strictly forbidden. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for incidental or consequential damages in connection with the furnishing, performance, or use of this material.
PRODUCT INFORMATION (Image Retention Free) LCD Monitors and TVs may have image retention when switching from one image to another especially after displaying a stationary image for a long time. This guide is to demonstrate correct usage of LCD products in order to protect them from Image retention.
The best way to protect your monitor from Image retention is to set your PC or System to operate a Screen Saver program when you are not using it. Image retention may not occur when a LCD panel is operated under normal conditions. Normal conditions are defined as continuously changing video patterns.
Correct Disposal of This Product (Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment) - Europe only (Applicable in the European Union and other European countries with separate collection systems) This marking shown on the product or its literature, indicates that it should not be disposed with other household wastes at the end of its working life.