1. Install the Back-up Battery
Remove the back-up battery cover.
Insert the back-up battery into the back-up battery port.
During a power failure, the back-up battery enables voice calling using a standard
corded phone that does not require external supplied power.
• The back-up battery is intended for backup purposes only and may take
approximately five (5) hours to fully charge.
• Charge time may be impacted by environmental factors and the back-up battery
will stop charging when the ambient temperature is outside of the temperature range
allowed for charging (32 °F - 131 °F).
• Remove the back-up battery if the device will be disconnected from AC power for
15 days or more to avoid possible damage.
Cautions for Battery
• Do not disassemble or open crush, bend or deform, puncture or shred.
• Do not modify or remanufacture, attempt to insert foreign objects into the
battery, immerse or expose to water or other liquids, expose to fire, explosion
or other hazard.
• Only use the battery for the system for which it is specified
• Only use the battery with a charging system that has been qualified with the System
per CTIA Certification Requirements for Battery System Compliance to IEEE1725.
Use of an unqualified battery or charger may present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage,
or other hazard.
• Do not short circuit a battery or allow metallic conductive objects to contact battery
• Replace the battery only with another battery that has been qualified with the
system per this standard, IEEE-Std-1725. Use of an unqualified battery may
present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage or other hazard.
• Promptly dispose of used batteries in accordance with local regulations
• Battery usage by children should be supervised.