INSTALLATION • OPERATION • CHECKOUT
Fig. 16—Conduit connection for electronic air cleaner.
Large particles (lint, hair) are caught by the prefilter.
As the dirty air passes through the intense high voltage
electric field surrounding the ionizer wires, all particles
are given an electrical charge. The air then moves through
the collector part of the cell where alternate parallel plates
are charged positively and negatively, creating a uniform
INSPECT THE INSTALLATION
• Turning vanes and transitions, as needed, are prop-
• Sheet metal joints between air cleaner and furnace
• All sheet metal connections are complete.
• Original furnace filter has been removed and the
blower compartment cleaned.
• If an atomizing humidifier is installed upstream from
the air cleaner, a disposable furnace filter is installed
between the humidifier and the air cleaner.
• Outside air, if used, is mixed with return air or heated,
as necessary, before it can reach the air cleaner.
• Airflow arrows on the electronic cell point down-
• Prefilter is on the upstream side of the cell.
• Cell handle faces outward.
• Electronic cell and prefilter are clean and dry.
• W8600E (if included) wiring connections are prop-
POWER SUPPLY. PROVIDE DISCONNECT MEANS AND
OVERLOAD PROTECTION AS REQUIRED.
THE AIR CLEANER CAN BE COMPLETELY ISOLATED FROM
THE ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT OF THE HVAC SYSTEM UNLESS
REQUIRED BY LOCAL CODE TO USE SAME CIRCUIT. ANY
CONVENIENT HOUSE CIRCUIT CAN POWER AIR CLEANER,
REGARDLESS OF ELECTRICAL RATING OF HVAC SYSTEM.
electrostatic field. The charged particles are attracted to
and collect on the plates that have the opposite electrical
charge. The air leaving the air cleaner has fewer particles.
Each time the air circulates through the F50F, more par-
ticles are removed.
CHECK AIR CLEANER OPERATION
switch and energize the system blower. Check the follow-
ing points of operation:
W8600E is part of the installation, also check the wall panel
and make sure the ON LED is lit. The W8600E CHECK
LED will come on if there is a problem with the high
voltage power supply.
off after a few seconds. The neon light shows that the air
cleaner is energized and the high voltage power supply is
energized, push the test button. A snapping sound indi-
cates that the collector voltage is present on the cell. The
W8600E CHECK LED will come on when the test but-
ton is held down.
for each fan speed.
With all components in place, turn on the air cleaner
1. The neon light next to the on-off switch is on. If a
2. Turn off the system blower. The neon light should go
3. Turn on the system blower. With the air cleaner
4. With a multispeed blower, repeat steps 1 through 3
5. If operation is not as described, refer to the Trouble-