Figure 129. Removing the cover presence switch
Figure 130. Installing the cover presence switch
4. Connect the new cover presence switch cable to the system board.
5. Complete the replacement. See "Completing the parts replacement" on page 68.
Replacing the system board and chassis
Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repairs before reading the Important Product
1. Remove the computer cover. See "Removing the computer cover" on page 24.
2. Remove the front bezel. See "Replacing the front bezel" on page 25.
3. Remove the front I/O bracket. See "Replacing the front I/O bracket" on page 56.
4. Remove all memory modules. See "Replacing a memory module" on page 33.
5. Remove the heat sink and fan assembly. See "Replacing the heat sink and fan assembly" on page 59.
6. Remove the microprocessor. See "Replacing the microprocessor" on page 61.
7. Remove all PCI Express cards. See "Replacing a PCI Express card" on page 35.
8. Remove the Wi-Fi card. See "Replacing the Wi-Fi card" on page 37.
9. Remove the M.2 solid-state drive. See "Replacing the M.2 solid-state drive" on page 39.
10. Record the cable routing and cable connections, and then disconnect all cables from the system board.
See "System board" on page 5.
11. Replace the system board and chassis.
Note: Carefully handle the system board by its edges.