Figure 24. Installing the vertical stand
Removing the computer cover
Note: Before you open the computer cover, ensure that the E-lock has been unlocked in the Setup Utility
program. See "Computer locks".
Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repairs before reading the Important Product
Before you open the computer cover, turn off the computer and wait several minutes until
the computer is cooled down.
1. Remove any media from the drives and turn off all connected devices and the computer.
2. Disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the
3. Unlock any locking device that secures the computer cover.
4. Remove the dust shield. See "Replacing the dust shield" on page 22.
5. Remove the computer cover.
Figure 25. Removing the computer cover
ThinkCentre M720s User Guide and Hardware Maintenance Manual