• Avoid storing this lithium-ion battery powered unit in the basement, bathroom or other areas of the house
that are or may become wet or humid or where moisture may concentrate.
• Do not leave this lithium-ion battery powered unit in direct sunlight, or use or store the unit inside cars in hot
weather. Doing so may cause the battery to generate heat, rupture, or ignite. Using the battery in this manner
may also result in a loss of performance and a shortened life expectancy.
• Never charge this unit near heat or flammable objects.
• NEVER THROW WATER ON A BURNING LI-ION BATTERY! If a lithium-ion battery does catch on fire,
it will burn even more violently if it comes in contact with water or even moisture in the air. A fire
extinguisher must be used.
Battery Charging and Capacity
This unit is delivered in a partially charged state – you must fully charge it before using it for the first time.
When stored at room temperature with a full charge, Li-ion batteries will will begin to discharge from the time
they are manufactured, even when unused. Deep discharges also decrease their capacity. Battery life can be
extended by the following:
• Charge battery to full capacity before storage.
• Store this unit at temperatures between 5°C and 20°C (41°F and 68°F).
• Never discharge the battery fully.
• Charge after each use.
• Always charge at least once every 3-6 months if not in frequent use to prevent overdischarge.
Transportation of Lithium-Ion Batteries
• Always check all applicable local, national, and international regulations before transporting a unit containing a
• Transporting an end-of-life, damaged, or recalled battery may, in certain cases, be specifically limited or prohibited.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Congratulations on purchasing your new Black & Decker
Instruction Manual and follow the instructions carefully before using your new spotlight.
Lithium-Ion LED Spotlight. Read this
1. Light Mode Select Button
2. 12VDC Power and Charging Port (for use of 12
volt DC Adapter)
3. Battery/Charge Status LED Indicator
4. AC to DC Charging Port (for use with AC
5. Pistol Grip Handle
READING THE BATTERY/CHARGE STATUS LED INDICATOR
The battery and charging status LED indicator is located on the back of the unit. It lights or flashes in three
colors to indicate the following:
Green: Battery is in a fully charged state.
Orange (flashing): Battery is in a partially charged state.
Red (flashing): Battery needs to be recharged.
Green & Red (flashing alternately):
1. The battery of the unit is overheated due to extensive use or recharging. The charging process will stop at
this stage and will automatically resume after a cool down period.
2. The battery voltage of your vehicle or other 12 volt DC power source has dropped to a level that is too
low when charging using the 12 volt DC adapter. The charging process will stop at this stage and will
automatically resume after the battery level of the 12 volt DC power source returns to normal.
Green: Battery is operating at full voltage.
Orange: Battery is operating at partial voltage.
Red: Battery is operating at low voltage, and should be recharged.
Green & Red (flashing alternately): The battery of the unit is overheated due to extensive use or
6. On/Off Trigger
7. Rubber Bezel
8. Swing-up Stand
9. Ventilation Slots
10. Trigger Lock
11. 120 Volt AC Adapter
12. 12 Volt DC Adapter (optional accessory)
10/29/2014 11:01:53 AM