Do not operate
this unit near flammable liquids or in
gaseous or explosive atmospheres.
WARNING: to REDUCE tHE RISK oF ELECtRIC
• Do not make any electrical connections or
disconnections in areas designated as
This includes DC cigarette lighter type plug
connection. This unit is NOT approved for ignition
• Never immerse this unit or its components in water or
any other liquid, or use when wet.
• Do not insert foreign objects into the unit's outlets.
WARNING: to REDUCE tHE RISK oF FIRE:
• Do not operate near flammable materials, fumes or
• Do not expose to extreme heat or flames.
• If the vehicle accessory outlet fuse opens (blows) when
plugging in the Personal Electronics Charger, do not
use this device with this vehicle accessory outlet:
• Do not repeatedly replace the vehicle accessory outlet
• Do not replace the vehicle accessory outlet fuse with
one of a higher amperage rating.
• Never attempt to patch the fuse with tin foil or wire.
Any of these actions may cause serious electrical
damage and/or a fire.
• This unit is rated to draw up to 2 amperes from a 12V
vehicle outlet. Ensure that the engine system in your
vehicle can supply sufficient energy to the unit without
causing the vehicle accessory outlet fuse to open.
Information on the vehicle accessory fuse ratings are
typically found in the vehicle operator's manual.
Make sure that the 12 volt outlet is free of debris
and the Personal Electronics Charger fits tightly in
CAUtIoN: to REDUCE tHE RISK oF INJURY oR
• Do not attempt to connect or set up this unit or its
components while operating your vehicle. Not paying
attention to the road may result in a serious accident.
• Always use this unit where there is adequate
• Always disconnect this unit from any power source
when not in use.
• Make sure the nominal powering voltage is 12 volts DC
when using the Personal Electronics Charger.
• Do not use with positive ground electrical systems.*
*The majority of modern automobiles, RVs and
trucks are negative ground.
• Reverse polarity connection will result in a blown fuse
and may cause permanent damage to the unit and will
• DO NOT OPEN THIS UNIT — there are no user-
serviceable parts inside. Opening the unit will void
• Do not use this unit with medical devices. It is not
tested for medical applications.
5/14/2013 4:17:06 PM