DVD Camcorder user manual imagine the possibilities Thank you for purchasing this Samsung product. To receive more complete service, please register your product at www.samsung.com/register SC-DX200 SC-DX205...
DVD Format Video Recording The DVD recording format in MPEG2 (SD) delivers digital picture and sound quality comparable to that of MiniDV, but on DVD. Playback of these DVDs couldn’t be simpler (depending upon the playback device used). After finalizing the disc in the camcorder, the disc is playable in most DVD players (Standard Definition) and computers.
One Touch Finalize With this camcorder, finalizing a disc is at your fingertips. Simply press the FINALIZE button on the camcorder. This will simplify the procedure to allow your disc to be playable on other digital devices. Face Detection AF Your camcorder detects a subject’s face and automatically adjusts the...
Means hints or referential pages that may be helpful when operating the camcorder. These warning signs are here to prevent injury to you and others. Please follow them explicitly. After reading this section, keep it in a safe place for future reference. iv_ English...
To Reduce The Risk Of Fire Or Electric Shock, Do Not Expose This Apparatus To Rain Or Moisture. Caution Apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
These openings must not be blocked or covered. Never place your CAMCORDER on a bed, sofa, rug, or other similar surface: on or near a radiator or heat register. This CAMCORDER should not be placed in a built-in installation such as a bookcase or rack unless proper ventilation is provided or the manufacturer’s...
24. OBJECTS AND LIQUIDS: Never push objects of any kind into this CAMCORDER through openings as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short out a part that could result in a ANTENNA LEAD IN fire or electric shock. Never spill liquids of any kind onto WIRE the CAMCORDER.
English 30. If this power supply is used at 240V ac, a suitable plug adaptor should be used. 31. This product is covered by one or more of the following U.S.
Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different precautions • This camcorder should always be connected to an AC outlet with a protective grounding connection. • Batteries shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
BEFORE USING THIS CAMCORDER • This camcorder records video in MPEG2 format in the DISC Record mode, H.264 format in the Card Video Record mode (SC-DX205 only) and at Standard Resolution (SD-VIDEO). • Please note that this DVD camcorder is not compatible with other digital video.
• Some functions of this DVD camcorder are unavailable with either memory card or disc. Refer to the marks to the right above each function to identify whether the memory card or disc is compatible with the function. Refer to these marks and identify the functions and operation to match the memory card or disc you’re using.
The safety precautions illustrated below are to prevent personal injury or material damages. Heed all instructions carefully. WARNING Prohibited action. Means that death or serious personal injury is a risk. CAUTION Do not disassemble the Means that there is a product.
Samsung service center. There is a risk of ﬁre or personal injury. Do not dispose of the battery pack in a ﬁre as it may explode.
CAUTION Do not press the surface of the LCD with force, hit it or prick it with a sharp object. If you push the LCD surface, unevenness in display may occur. Do not use the camcorder near direct sunlight or heating equipment.
� Do not expose the camcorder to a sudden change in temperature or to excess humidity. There is also a risk of defect or electric shock when using outdoors during lightning storms. Do not leave the LCD monitor open when not using the camcorder.
Holding the DVD camcorder Charging the battery pack Basic DVD camcorder operation Screen indicators Handling parts before recording Initial setting: time zone, date and time & OSD language DISC MODE: RECORDING/PLAYBACK 38 Selecting the storage media (SC-DX205 only) Inserting and removing a DISC...
PRINTING PHOTOS (SC-DX205 ONLY) Direct printing with a PictBridge CONNECTING TO AV DEVICES Connecting to a TV Dubbing images on a VCR or DVD/HDD recorder Using the voice plus USING WITH WINDOWS COMPUTER (SC-DX205 ONLY) Checking your computer type System requirements...
RECORDING VIDEOS ON A DVD DISC YOU CAN RECORD VIDEOS ON A DVD DISC. Videos are recorded in MPEG2 format and are suitable for viewing on most DVD players or computers with DVD drives. STEP1: Selecting a suitable DVD disc Your camcorder uses only the following three types of 3 1/2 inch (8cm) mini DVD discs;...
SELECT A DISC THAT BEST SUITS YOUR NEEDS. Do you want to delete or edit videos on the DVD camcorder? Do you want to reuse the disc after formatting? When recording for a long time DVD-RW DVD-RW DVD-R DL DVD-R VIDEO ...
1. Press the MODE button to select the Record ( 2. Aim the camcorder at the subject. - Make sure the Lens open/close switch is open ( ). 3. Press the Recording Start/Stop button to record. - While recording, the elapsed recording time and [ 4.
STEP4: Viewing on other external devices FIRST, FINALIZE THE DISC! To play the disc recorded on your camcorder on other external devices, you need to finalize the disc first. page 55 1. You can simply finalize the disc by pressing the FINALIZE button on the camcorder.
FEATURES OF A FINALIZED DISC BY THE DISC TYPE Like commercially sold DVD, this disc can be played back in most DVD devices after (DL) finalizing. VIDEO The disc can be played back on a device compatible with a DVD-RW in VR mode.
YOU CAN RECORD VIDEOS OR PHOTOS ON A MEMORY CARD. Videos on a memory card are recorded in H.264 format that is convenient to e-mail and share with your friends and family. You can also take photos on a memory card.
Insert a memory card page 60 TO RECORD VIDEOS 1. Press the MODE button to select the Video Record ( 2. Aim the camcorder at the subject. - Make sure the Lens open/close switch is open ( ). 3. Press the Recording Start/Stop button to record.
“Photo,” and then press the Joystick. • The thumbnail index view of the selected play mode appears. 3. Use the Joystick to select the desired video or photo, and then press the Joystick. • When playing videos, you can adjust the audio volume with the zoom (W/T) lever.
TV. 1. Connect the camcorder to a TV. page 102 2. Turn on the camcorder and the TV. 3. Set the TV’s source to the input the camcorder is connected to. 4. Start the playback of the videos or photos.
ENJOY THE VARIOUS FEATURES OF CYBERLINK MEDIASHOW4 ON WINDOWS! ( 1. Install the provided software CD (CyberLink MediaShow4) on a Windows computer. • Load the software CD into a computer, the set up screen appears. • Continue to follow on-screen messages until “Setup Complete”...
DVD camcorder WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH YOUR DVD CAMCORDER Your new DVD camcorder comes with the following accessories. If any of these items is missing from your box, call Samsung’s Customer Care Center. ✪ The exact appearance of each item may vary by model.
PARTS IDENTIFICATION Front and right view Lens open/close switch Lens Remote sensor (SC-DX205 only) Light (SC-DX205 only) Illustrations of model SC-DX205 are used in this user manual. CLOSE OPEN Internal microphone Grip belt hook Grip belt Disc cover English _15...
(Display/LCD enhancer) button FINALIZE button AV jack BATT (battery release) switch Storage mode switch (DISC/CARD) (SC-DX205 only) Illustrations of model SC-DX205 are used in this user manual. 16_ English Battery pack LCD screen Recording start/stop button Joystick (▲/▼/◄/►/OK, W/T) MENU button...
) (SC-DX205 only)/Play ( MODE button Recording start/stop button EASY Q button ACCESS/CHG indicator Illustrations of model SC-DX205 are used in this user manual. Disc cover OPEN switch Disc cover OPEN switch Jack cover USB jack (SC-DX205 only) )/Photo Record...
This section provides information on using this DVD camcorder; such as how to use the provided accessories, how to charge the battery, how to setup the operation mode and initial setup. REMOTE CONTROL ( SC-DX205 only ) 18_ English...
• Do not recharge, disassemble, heat or immerse the battery in water to avoid the risk of explosion. Keep the button type battery out of the reach of the children. Should any battery be swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. WARNING HOLDING THE DVD CAMCORDER ...
CHARGING THE BATTERY PACK • There are two types of power source that can be connected to your DVD camcorder. • Do not use provided power supply units with other equipment. - The battery pack: used for outdoor recording.
• When fully discharged, a battery pack damages the internal cells. The battery pack may be prone to leakage when fully discharged. • Remove the battery from the camcorder when it is not in use. Even when the power is switched off, the battery pack will still discharge if it is left attached to the DVD camcorder.
6. Once charged, disconnect the AC power adaptor from the DC IN jack on your DVD camcorder. • Even with the power switched off, the battery pack will still discharge if it is left attached to the DVD camcorder. It is recommended that you remove the battery pack from the DVD camcorder.
Battery Level Display The Battery Level Display shows the amount of battery power remaining in the battery pack. Battery Level Indicator Exhausted (flickers): The device will soon turn off. Change the battery pack as soon as possible. (flickers): The device will be forced to turn off after 3 seconds.
Assume that the recordable time with a fully charged battery pack is between 1/2 and 1/3 of the time in the table, so prepare enough battery packs to allow for the time you are planning to record on the DVD camcorder.
It is automatically charged while the camcorder is turned on. • The built-in battery is fully discharged if you do not use the camcorder at all for an extended time without turning on the power. In this case, you will lose previous date/time settings, so you need to set the date/time again.
BASIC DVD CAMCORDER OPERATION Turning the DVD camcorder on and off You can turn the camcorder on or off by sliding the POWER switch down. Selecting the operating modes • Set the operation mode by adjusting the Storage mode switch (SC-DX205 only) and MODE button before recording or operating any functions.
• The above screen is an example for explanation: It is different from the actual display. • Functions marked with * will not be retained when the DVD camcorder is powered on after turning it off. • For enhanced performance, the display indications and the order are subject to change without prior notice.
28_ English DISC Play Mode Playing videos on a disc Video play mode Operating status (Play/Pause) Warning indicators and messages Time code (elapsed time/total recorded time) Storage media (disc type) Battery info (remaining battery level) LCD enhancer* Disc Format Video Quality Voice plus Chapter No.
1Sec /o oHr Insert Card 1/60 JAN/01/2009 12:00 AM 1/30 • Recording and playback on a memory card is only available with model SC-DX205. • The OSD indicators are based on memory capacity of 2GB (SDHC memory card). CARD Video Record Mode...
• Recording and playback on a memory card is only available with model SC-DX205. • The total number of recordable photos is counted based on available space on the storage media. Little change to the remaining memory space may not change the photo counter after recording.
(current photo/total number of recorded photos) Warning indicators and messages Storage media (memory card) Battery info (remaining level) LCD enhancer* Erase Protection File Name (folder-file name) Date/Time Photo size Recording and playback on a memory card is only available with model SC-DX205. English _31...
Slide the POWER switch downwards to turn on the power, and then press the (Display/LCD enhancer) button. Each press of the button toggles the OSD (On Screen Display) function on and off. • Full display mode: All information will appear.
Using the joystick Use to playback, pause, fast forward, and rewind your recordings. Also, use to navigate (▲, ▼, ◄, ►) and select desired videos/photos or menu items. Button • Move left • DISC Play, CARD Video/Photo Play mode: previous file •...
1. Press the Joystick in STBY mode. • Shortcut menu (OK guide) is displayed. 2. Move the Joystick up. • It displays the Auto Exposure guide menu, where you can press the Joystick to set the exposure automatically. 3. Move the Joystick up again.
Button Video Record( ) mode Access the shortcut menu Confirm selection Exit the shortcut menu Photo Record ) mode (SC-DX205 only) Shortcut menu (OK guide) is displayed Playback / Pause Play( ) mode English _35...
To store the date and time during recording, set the time zone and date/time. Setting the time zone and date/time for the first time Set the date and time of your local area when turning on this camcorder for the first time. 1. Slide the POWER switch downward to turn on the camcorder.
• After setting, the date and time are automatically recorded on a special data area of the storage media. Turning the date and time display on/off To switch the date and time display on or off, access the menu and change the date/time mode. page 94 Simple setting of the clock by time difference You can easily set the clock to the local time by setting a time difference when using your camcorder abroad.
SELECTING THE STORAGE MEDIA (SC-DX205 only) You can record video and photo images on the desired storage media (a DVD disc or a memory card) so you should select the desired storage media before starting recording or playback.
• Move the grip belt so it does not interfere with inserting or ejecting the disc. • The disc cover can be opened when the device is connected to an AC power adaptor or the battery pack, even if the power is off.
Doing so may damage the disc or the data on it. • You can not proceed with recording when the disc cover is open. An icon and message are shown that recording is impossible with the disc cover open. RECORDABLE TIME...
• You can record videos using the remote control. (SC-DX205 only) page 18 • This DVD camcorder provides two Recording start/stop buttons. One is on the rear side of the camcorder and the other is on the LCD panel. Select the Recording start/ stop button that works best for you.
• For various functions available when you record videos. pages 74~89 • Do not operate the power switch or remove a disc while accessing it. Doing so may damage the disc or the data on it.
• The ( and Anti-Shake(HDIS) ( • Almost all the settings will return to the settings that were set prior to activating EASY Q mode. • You cannot cancel the EASY Q mode during recording. • Unavailable buttons during EASY Q operation.
Set “Zoom Type” to the desired value. page 86 You can set the digital zoom up to 2200x during video recording. • If you operate the zoom (W/T) lever during recording, the sound of the lever may be recorded as well.
(Display/LCD enhancer) button to toggle the OSD (On Screen Display) function on and off. • Depending on the amount of data to be played back, it may take some time for the playback images to appear. • Videos edited on a computer may not be displayed on this DVD camcorder.
• You can hear the recorded sound from the built-in speaker. • The level can be adjusted anywhere between 0 and 10. If you close the LCD screen while playing, you will not hear the sound from the speaker. Various playback operations Playback / Pause / Stop (/...
Skip playback ( / ) • Move the Joystick right or left during playback. - If you move the Joystick left within 3 seconds after the video starts, the previous image is played back. - If you move the Joystick left 3 seconds after the video starts, the current image starts from the beginning.
3. Press the MENU button. 4. Move the Joystick right or left to select “Delete.” 5. Move the Joystick up or down to select the desired option (“Select Files” or “All Files”), then press the Joystick. • “Select Files”: Deletes the individual image.
DIVIDING A FILE • This function is available in DISC Play mode. page 26 • You can divide a video as many times as you want and delete a section you no longer need. 1. Press the MODE button to set the Play ( •...
• If you want to delete an unwanted section of a video, divide the video file first, then delete the section you no longer need. • The first and second scene of the divided video are displayed side-by-side in the place of the original video clip.
You should format the DVD-RW to VR mode before recording. page 58 Example: You have recorded a few scenes on a DVD disc. You want to save the original recording, but you also want to create a digest by putting your favorite scenes together.
• The ( ) indicator is displayed on the selected video clips. • Pressing the Joystick toggles between the video thumbnail image being selected for creating a playlist (the ( ) indicator appears on image) or not (the ( ) indicator is removed from image).
• The ( ) indicator is displayed on the selected video clips. • Pressing the Joystick toggles between the video thumbnail image being selected for arrangement within the (the ( ) indicator appears on image) or not (the ( ) indicator is removed from image).
• Thumbnail index view of the playlist appears. 2. Press the MENU button, then move the Joystick right or left to select “Delete.” 3. Move the Joystick up or down to select the desired option (“Select Files” or “All Files”), then press the Joystick.
When finalizing, there should be enough power in the batteries. If the AC power adaptor is to be used, make sure that the jack is properly connected. A power cut during finalizing may disrupt the disc from replaying.
• Videos on a DVD disc may not be playable using ‘Windows Media Player’ application. • Video and audio may pause or skip when you play back a DVD disc on your computer. If this occurs, copy the data into your hard disk drive.
• This function is available in DISC Record/DISC Play mode. page 26 • If a DVD-RW disc had been finalized in the VR mode or Video mode, you can unfinalize the disc for further recording. When unfinalizing, there should be enough power in the batteries. If the AC power adaptor is to be used, make sure that the jack is properly connected.
• Formatting will delete all the recorded contents on a disc. Be careful not to delete data by mistake. • Do not turn the power off in the middle of the formatting. The data recorded on a disc may be damaged.
• To switch between video and photo thumbnails in the CARD Video/Photo Play mode, press the MENU button and use the Joystick to select “Play Mode” “Video” or “Photo.” Setting the Play Mode menu is available in thumbnail view only.
INSERTING AND EJECTING A MEMORY CARD • This DVD camcorder has multi card-slot for access to SD (Secure Digital) and SDHC (SD High Capacity) cards. - Some cards are not compatible depending on the memory card manufacturer and memory card type.
• Turning the power off or removing a memory card during operation such as formatting, deleting, recording, and playback may cause data loss. • After you modify the name of a file or folder stored in the memory card using your computer, your camcorder may not recognize the modified file.
Note that formatting erases all information on the memory card. • A memory card has a certain life span. If you cannot record new data, you have to purchase a new memory card. • Do not bend, drop, or cause a strong impact to your memory card.
To facilitate the video recording,we recommend using a memory card that supports faster write speed. (Write speed: 2MB/ sec or higher) If you use a low write-speed memory card, recording may stop with a message of “Low speed card. Please record a lower Resolution.”...
• You can record videos using the remote control. page 18 • This DVD camcorder provides two Recording start/stop buttons. One is on the rear side of the camcorder and the other is on the LCD panel. Select the Recording start/ stop button that works best for you.
• You can not use a locked memory card for recording. You will see a message saying recording is disabled due to the lock. • Note that power failure during a recording (such as disconnected DC power jack or drained battery) may damage the file.
• Press (Display/LCD enhancer) button to toggle the OSD (On Screen Display) function on and off. • Depending on the amount of data to be played back, it may take some time for the playback images to appear. • Videos edited on a computer may not be displayed on this DVD camcorder.
Set the slide show function for continuous display. 1. Press the MENU button in the single image display mode. 2. Move the Joystick right or left to select “Slide Show” “Start” then press the Joystick. • The ( ) indicator is displayed. The slide show will start from the current image.
(Photo images only) • Protected images will show the ( ) indicator when they are displayed. • If the write-protection tab on the memory card is set to lock, you cannot set image protection. page 61 68_ English (SC-DX205 only) ) mode.
(Photo images only) • To protect important images from accidental deletion, activate the image protection. page 68 • You cannot delete a protected image. You must release the protect function to delete the image. page 68 ) mode. 100-0006...
HANDLING MENUS ✪ Follow the instructions below to use each of the menu items listed on this page. For example: setting the Focus in DISC Record mode. Using the MENU button 1. Slide the POWER switch downwards to turn on the power.
1. In your selected operation mode, press the MENU button. 2. Move the Joystick left or right to select “Settings.” 3. Move the Joystick up or down to select the desired menu item, and then press the Joystick. • To exit, press the MENU button.
Some items will not appear depending on the storage media type. (SC-DX205 only) • There are some functions you cannot activate simultaneously in the menu. You cannot select the grey menu items. Refer to the troubleshooting for examples of the inoperable combinations of functions and menu items.
Auto Power Off Remote (SC-DX205 only) USB Connect (SC-DX205 only) TV Display Default Set Language Demo The CARD Video Play mode and the CARD Photo Play mode are available on SC-DX205 only. DISC Play CARD Video Play ...
See pages 76 and 81 for manual settings. • You can check the selected “iSCENE” mode on the on-screen information display. However, nothing will appear in “Auto” mode. • This function will be set to “Auto” in the EASY Q mode.
The indicator ( ) and the message “Set White Balance” are displayed. 2. Frame a white object such as a piece of white paper so that it fills the screen. Use an object that is not transparent. • If the object that fills the screen is not focused, correct the focus using “Manual Focus.”...
• A subject can be shot under various types of lighting conditions indoors (natural, fluorescent, candlelight, etc.). Because the color temperature is different depending on the light source, the subject tint will differ depending on the white balance settings. Use this function for a more natural result.
• It is recommended that you specify “Anti-Shake(HDIS): Off” when using the DVD camcorder on a desk or tripod (not supplied). • When you record pictures with 34x or more magnification and the “Anti-Shake(HDIS)” is set to “On” in dark locations, after-images may stand out. In this case, we recommend using a tripod (not supplied) and turning the “Anti-Shake(HDIS)”...
This function is available in DISC Record/CARD Video Record mode. page 26 The digital effect enables you to give a creative look to your recording. Select the appropriate digital effect for the type of picture that you wish to record and the effect you wish to create. There are 10 different digital effect options.
This function is available in DISC Record/CARD Video Record mode. page 26 The DVD camcorder usually focuses on a subject automatically (auto focus). When the DVD camcorder is turned on, auto focus will always be set. You can also manually focus a subject depending on the recording conditions.
Before focusing by manual, frame your scene by zooming. Zooming after setting the focus requires focusing again. • Before focusing by manual, check if the “Intelli-Zoom” or “Digital Zoom” is turned off. While “Intelli-Zoom” or “Digital Zoom” is turned on, manual focusing will not focus with accuracy. Set the “Zoom Type” to “Optical Zoom” page 86...
1/4000, or 1/10000. Setting the shutter speed manually You can set the shutter speed manually. A fast shutter speed can freeze the motion of a fast-moving subject and a slow shutter speed can blur the subject to give the impression of motion.
This function is available in DISC Record mode. page 26 You can select the quality of a video to be recorded. This DVD camcorder can film in the SF (Super Fine), F (Fine) and N (Normal) modes. The Fine mode is set as the factory default.
You can reduce wind noise when recording sound from the built-in microphone. If “Wind Cut” is set to “On,” the low-frequency components in the sound picked up by the microphone will be cut off during recording: this makes it easier to hear voices and sound during playback.
This function is available in DISC Record/CARD Video Record mode. page 26 You can make the subject recorded appear to be in slow motion by controlling the shutter speed, or a brighter image in dark places without a compromise in colors.
Records a clear image in a dark place without sacrificing color with the light. • The LED light can become extremely hot. Do not touch it while in operation or soon after turning it off, otherwise serious injury may result.
• This function is available in DISC Record/CARD Video Record mode. page 26 • The camcorder offers three types of zoom: optical, intelligent and digital zoom when recording videos. This right side of the bar shows the digital zooming zone. The zooming zone appears when you move the zoom lever. Settings The zoom range is limited to the optical magnification ratio of the lens.
This function is available in CARD Video Record mode. page 26 You can select the resolution of a video to be recorded on a memory card. This camcorder can record in the “TV Super Fine,” “TV Fine (Default),” “TV Normal” and “Web & Mobile” modes.
For example, if the recording interval was “30” seconds and the total recording time was “24” hours, images are automatically captured and saved in storage media at every 30 seconds for 24 hours. (After 24 hours of recording, playing it back will play the recording of 24 hours for about 1 minute 36 seconds.)
• A recording of 30 contiguous images comprises a video clip of 1 second length. Since the minimum length of a video to be saved by your camcorder is one second, Interval defines how long the Time Lapse REC should be taken.
(SC-DX205 only) SETTING MENU ITEMS You can set up the date and time, OSD language, video output, and display settings of the DVD camcorder. Card Info (SC-DX205 only) ( • This function is available in CARD Video Record/CARD Photo Record/CARD Video Play/CARD Photo Play mode.
page 26 • Delete all files and options on the memory card including protected files. • If you execute the format function, all files on the card will be deleted completely and the erased files cannot be recovered. • Do not turn the power off in the middle of formatting.
Time Zone • This function is available in all operating modes. • You can easily set the clock to the local time when using your camcorder while traveling. Settings The clock will be used according to your setting on the “Date/Time Set” menu.
Seoul, Tokyo, Pyongyang Date/Time Set • This function is available in all operating modes. • Set the current date and time so that they can be recorded correctly. pages 36~37 Date Type • This function is available in all operating modes.
• This function is available in all operating modes. • You can set the date and time to display on the LCD screen. • Before you use the “Date/Time Display” function, you must set the date and time. page 93 Settings Current date and time information is not displayed.
• A brighter LCD screen setting consumes more battery power. • You can adjust the LCD brightness from -15 to +15 when the ambient lighting is too bright and the monitor is hard to see. • LCD Brightness does not affect the brightness of images to be stored.
• This function is available in all operating modes, only when the power is supplied from the battery pack. • You can set the DVD camcorder to turn off automatically when there is no operation for 6 minutes in the STBY mode and thumbnail index view.
• The TV Display function works during recording and playback. • You can select the output path of the OSD (On Screen Display). This allows you to set the OSD for viewing on the LCD screen or an external TV.
• This function is available in all operating modes. • You can initialize the DVD camcorder settings to the factory defaults. • Initializing the DVD camcorder settings to the factory defaults does not affect recorded images. Menu Color • This function is available in all operating modes.
- Right after “Demo” is set to “On.” - With “Auto Power Off”set to “Off,” if there is no operation for about 6 minutes in the STBY mode. - Demonstration stops temporarily by pressing other buttons (MENU, Joystick, Recording start/stop, etc).
• The PictBridge menu screen appears automatically after a short period. • To see the previous or next photo image, move the Joystick left or right. 5. Press the MENU button. Use the Joystick to select “Print” “Start,” then press the the Joystick to print.
Setting the number of copies to print 1. Press the MENU button. 2. Move the Joystick right or left to select “Copies,” then move the Joystick up or down to select the number of copies. • To exit, press the MENU button.
• For more information about the connection, refer to your TV’s user manual. • Before connecting, make sure that the volume on TV is turned down: forgetting this may cause feedback from the TV speakers. • Carefully connect the input and output cables to the corresponding connections on the device the DVD camcorder is being used with.
• The remote control is useful when operating the DVD camcorder while viewing an image on TV screen. (SC-DX205 only) • If only a mono audio input is available on the connected device (TV, etc.), use the audio cable with the white jack (Audio L).
• Audio is heard from the speaker. If the volume is too high, noise may enter the dubbed image. • Be sure to use the AC power adaptor to power the DVD camcorder to prevent battery power from shutting off during recording on another video device.
3. Insert the disc you wish to play back in this DVD camcorder. 4. Press the MODE button to set the Play ( 5. Press the MENU button and use the Joystick to set the desired “Play Mode” on the menu. page 45 6.
AV devices • Voice Plus is available only when the AV cable is connected. If a USB cable is connected, the Voice Plus function may not operate properly. (SC-DX205 only) • If you perform Stop, Play/Pause, REW, or FF while the Voice Plus function is being executed, the Voice Plus function will be deactivated.
This chapter explains how to connect the camcorder to a computer using the USB cable. CHECKING YOUR COMPUTER TYPE To view your recordings on a computer, you need to check your computer type first. Then, follow the steps below according to your computer type.
• On a slower computer than recommended, video playback may skip frames or operate unexpectedly. • If your OS is Windows XP/Vista, log in as the Administrator (administrator of the computer) (or a user with the equivalent privileges) to install the software.
INSTALLING CyberLink MediaShow4 (For Windows only) CyberLink MediaShow4 is a software for easy editing of MPEG, AVI, and other video files, still images, and other contents for creating a video. When you install the CyberLink MediaShow4 software on your Windows computer, you can enjoy the following operations by connecting your camcorder to your computer via a USB cable.
In this case, perform the installation again after uninstallation is finished. • This manual only refers to software installation and computer connection. For more details on software, refer to the “Online help/Read me” on the CyberLink MediaShow4 CD. • The computer must be rebooted for the application to work.
• If you connect the USB cable to a computer via a USB HUB or simultaneously connect the USB cable along with other USB devices, the DVD camcorder may not work properly. If this occurs, remove all USB devices from the computer and reconnect the DVD camcorder.
Windows computer VIEWING THE CONTENTS OF STORAGE MEDIA • You can transfer or copy the files saved on the memory card into computer using USB cable. 1. Slide the POWER switch downwards to turn on the power, then set the Storage mode switch to CARD.
• The image size is 800x600 (SC-DX205 only). • When the 9999th file is created in the 999th folder (i.e. SDV_9999.MP4 is created in the 999 VIDEO folder), a new folder cannot be created anymore. Backup your files to a PC and format the storage media, and then reset file numbering from the menu.
PLAYING BACK YOUR RECORDINGS ON WINDOWS You can use the CyberLink MediaShow4 to playback recorded videos and photos on Windows. To play back or edit videos on Macintosh, you may install and use QuickTime Player(v7.5.5 or higher)/iMovie application(not supplied).
YouTube is a video sharing website. Users can upload, view, and share personalized video clips. The San Bruno-based service uses Adobe Flash technology to display a wide variety of user-generated contents including movie clips, TV clips and music videos, as well as amateur contents such as video blogging and short original videos.
Maci n tosh computer SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS You can transfer recorded data to a computer by connecting the USB cable to the camcorder. To play back or edit videos on Macintosh, you may install and use QuickTime Player(v7.5.5 or higher)/iMovie application(not supplied).
Wipe gently with a soft dry cloth. Be careful not to damage the screen. To clean the lens Use an optional air blower to blow out dirt and other small objects. Do not wipe the lens with cloth or your finger. If necessary, wipe gently with lens cleaning paper.
• Do not use benzene, thinner, detergent, alcohol or anti-static spray when cleaning the disc. It may cause a malfunction. • Press the supporting holder in the center of the disc case for easy removal of the disc.
When not using the DVD camcorder for an extended period: It is recommended that you fully charge the battery pack once a year, attach it to the DVD camcorder and use it up; then remove the battery pack and store it in a cool and dry place again.
When loading a DVD-RW disc, you must format it in Video or VR mode. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to play back in all other manufacturer’s DVD camcorders, DVD players/ recorders, or computers. For compatibility information, please refer to the manual of the device you wish to play back on.
Your camcorder is a NTSC-system-based camcorder. If you want to view your recordings on a TV or to copy it to an external device, it must be a NTSC-system-based TV or an external device and have the appropriate Audio/Video jacks. Otherwise, you may need to use a separate video format transcoder (NTSC-PAL format converter).
Before contacting a Samsung authorized service center, perform the following simple checks. They may save you the time and expense of an unnecessary call. Warning indicators and messages Overall Message Icon Informs that... Low Battery The battery pack is almost discharged.
Write Error to storage media. Action If the camcorder is turned off while recording, turn it on again with the disc inserted in it: Repair of the disc will be executed automatically. Do not turn the camcorder off when data recovery is in progress.
• What can I do? Turn the power off and detach the battery pack, and leave it in a dry area for 1~2 hours before using it. • When does the dew condensation occur? When the device is relocated to a place with a higher temperature than the previous location, or when using it in a hot area suddenly, it will cause condensation.
Explanation/Solution • Is “Auto Power Off” set to “6 Min”? If no button is pressed for about 6 minutes in STBY mode or thumbnail view, the DVD camcorder is automatically turned off. To disable this option, Set “Auto Power Off” to “Off.” page 96 •...
Explanation/Solution • Insert a memory card into your camcorder properly. page 60 • If you use a memory card formatted on a computer, format it again directly on your camcorder. page 91 • Release the lock on the write-protect tab of the memory card (SD card), if any.
• Set your camcorder to CARD Photo Record mode. page 26 • Release the lock on the write-protection tab of the memory card. • The memory card is full. Use a new memory card or format the memory card or remove images you don’t need. pages 60~62, 69 Or remove unnecessary images.
• The recording conditions are not suitable for auto focus. Adjust the focus manually. page 80 • The lens is dusty on the surface. Clear the lens and check the focus. • This may occur when you make a recording under a fluorescent, sodium or mercury lamp.
This happens when viewing an image recorded in 16:9 wide mode on a 4:3 TV. If you want to display properly on your TV, check out your TV type and set the proper screen mode (“16:9 Wide”) before recording. page 82 •...
Symptom Explanation/Solution • The built-in battery is fully discharged if you do not use the camcorder at all for an extended time without turning on the power. In this case, you will lose previous date/time settings, so The date and time are you need to set the date/time again.
365 g (0.80 lb, 12.87 oz) (Except for lithium-ion battery pack) Internal MIC Omni-directional stereo microphone Remote control Indoors: greater than 49 ft (15 m) (straight line), outdoors: about 16.4 ft (5 m) (straight line) (SC-DX205 only) - These technical specifications and design may be changed without notice. English _131...
SAMSUNG Electronics America Inc. (SEA), warrants that this product is free from defective material and workmanship. SEA further warrants that if product fails to operate properly within the specified warranty period and the failure is due to improper workmanship or defective material, SEA will repair or replace the product at it’s option.
1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864) www.samsung.com/us RoHS compliant Our product complies with “The Restriction Of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment,” and we do not use the 6 hazardous materials- Cadmium(Cd), Lead (Pb), Mercury (Hg), Hexavalent Chromium (Cr +6), Poly Brominated Biphenyls...