Selecting an Exam Type from the List of Exams
Soft Key on the Real-time Control Bar displays a list of factory Exam
Types and user-defined Exam Types that you can select from. Exam types provide presets of
system controls in order to simplify optimization of images for different applications and patient
types. See the Setup and Patient Studies chapters for more information regarding Exam Types.
Pressing Exams displays the following buttons in the real-time control window:
– exits the Exam list.
– saves the current control settings as a user-defined exam. This can be viewed
and edited in the Setup/Settings/Exams page.
User-defined exams are shown with the letter "u" in front of the name.
– steps through multiple pages of Exam Type lists if there are more than can be displayed
in the real-time control window.
Exam Types (e.g.,
recently-used order. Selecting an Exam Type group will display the individual Exam Types
available for that group.
Freezing an Image
When you press the
the following Control Bar options:
– saves the current image.
– use the inner Rotary knob or probe keys to step frame-by-frame through the image
memory. The scroll memory is the immediate sequence of frames that were produced just prior
to the freeze.
– plays the scroll memory in a repeating loop.
– displays the Tools sub-menu (see "B-Mode Scanning" on page 5-13 and "Color Flow
Tools" on page 5-15).
– lets you add text to an image (see "Text Functions" on page 5-18).
– makes a print of the image. This feature only operates with compatible video printers
like the Sony UP-D897.
Freestyle User Manual
) – the list of Exam Type groups are in the most-
Soft Key during real-time scanning, the current image freezes. Use