Brilliance CT - Version 2.0
1. Turn on the wall power (if gantry is off).
2. If your system includes a UPS, turn it on now if it is off.
3. Locate the CIR servers inside the cabinet. Depending on your
system configuration, you will have up to 3 servers.
4. Press and hold the power button on each server until the green
light turns on.
5. Turn on the power to the Dell (Host) computer, and monitor.
6. If the user name is blank, type in CT.
7. Click OK, or press Enter (no password is required).
8. When prompted to start the gantry, turn the key on the scan
control box towards you to start, then release for ON.
X-ray Tube Conditioning
Warning: Do not perform Tube Conditioning when
there is a person in the scanning room!
1. Check that the table is up and within 10-20 cm from the out
2. Choose Home to access the Home Options.
3. Click Utilities, then click Tube conditioning. The tube conditioning
dialog box opens.
4. Click on Short TC. Click OK to confirm.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
Perform short tube conditioning if the system is inactive for two
Philips Medical Systems is part of Royal Philips Electronics
Philips Medical Systems, Cleveland, Ohio tel. 440-483-3000
These instructions replace the 2.0 Operator's Manual information
(perform daily in
Quick Reference Card
Air Calibration (perform daily):
Warning: Do not perform Air Calibration when there
is a person in the scanning room!
Note: It is recommended that this procedure be performed at mid-
day when the gantry reaches a stable temperature. If this is
not possible, perform this procedure at the end of day.
1. Move the couch out of the gantry opening. Do not pull the couch all
the way out – keep it at least 40mm from its outermost limit.
2. Click Home menu to select Air Calibration. The Air calibration
dialog box appears. Unclick Perform all Scans if you wish to do
3. Click on Start.
4. The instruction box appears; click OK to continue.
5. You will be prompted to inspect the images (scroll through to view)
to ensure no object is in the scan field; click OK to continue.
6. Follow the remaining prompts to complete calibration.
1. Click Home to display the Home options.
2. Click Logout. The system will prompt you to confirm.
3. Click Yes.
4. At Windows Log On choose Shutdown, then Restart from the
options dropdown menu. Click OK.
6. The computer will reboot.
7. At Windows Log In type in CT if the user name is blank, click OK.
9. Click Yes on the license agreement box.
Reboot should be performed daily or as needed.
Logging off the system
1. Click Home to display Home Options.
2. Click Logout. The system displays the Logout box.
3. Click Yes to logout.
4535 6736 3081