TAWS Annunciator Panel
TAWS terrain annunciations and control functions are incorporated
into the Annunciator Panel. The panel consists of a momentary
pushbutton switch (SELF TEST), an illuminated pushbutton switch
(TERR INHIBIT), and three LEDS for Terrain Warning (TERR WARN),
Terrain Caution (TERR CAUT), Terrain Inoperative (TERR INOP).
• SELF TEST - Provides test function for the TAWS.
• TERR INHIBIT - To inhibit nuisance or unwanted warnings at
airports that are not in the system database, the pilot may
select the TERR INHIBIT switch. Although selection will inhibit
all TAWS visual and aural alerts, the Terrain Awareness Display
will remain functional with the message "Warnings Inhibited"
displayed on the MFD. When activated the switch will illuminate
• TERR INOP - Indicates the TAWS inoperative. When activated
the LED will illuminate amber.
• TERR CAUT - Indicates a possible terrain or obstacle conflict
within 40-60 seconds. When activated the LED will illuminate
• TERR WARN - Indicates a possible terrain or obstacle conflict
within 30 seconds. When activated the LED will illuminate red.
The annunciators are dimmed via the instrument panel lighting
dimmer switch. The TAWS annunciator panel is powered by 28 VDC
through the 2-amp ANNUN circuit breaker on the Essential Bus
When any of the TAWS aural alerts are in progress, all aural TRAFFIC
alerts are inhibited.
The advisory callout "FIVE HUNDRED", occurs at approximately 500
8 of 12
Revision 1: 12-15-07