Cableless (CL Pod) Measurements Use Models
This use model involves assigning a CL SpO
Patient Monitor via a short range radio connection. The IntelliVue Patient Monitor can be connected to
the IntelliVue Information Center.
• When assigned, CL Pods communicate their measurement values via short range radio to the monitor.
The monitor may be assigned to a patient sector at the IntelliVue Information Center.
• Telemetry device assigned via SRR to the monitor (WTAAP) is possible with this use model. In this
case, CL Pods and telemetry device communicate their data via SRR to the bedside. This data is then
sent to the Information Center and is available to the electronic medical record if present.
• Data from the CL Pods is displayed at the Information Center in the same patient sector as the X2,
MP2, or MP5 data.
• Data from the CL Pods is displayed on the monitor.
• Assigning CL NBP Pod, or SpO
• If a patient being monitored by a CL NBP Pod or/and a CL SpO
patient monitor or the SRR link is lost, the measurements are not available on the monitor and are not
visible at the Information Center or electronic medical record. The measurements are only visible on
the CL Pods (without physiological alarms). If this occurs, the No Host Monitoring message is
displayed on the measurement device. The CL Pods will also annunciate the out of range beep. Keep the
patient monitor with the patient during transport.
Configuration: Use Model 1
Configuration on the CL Pod: Main Setup - > Equipment
Free in Charger
Configuration on MP2, X2, MP5
TAAP (Global Setting)
Configuration at the Information Center
Unit Settings ->
For further information, refer to Configuring CL Pod Equipment (page 288).
7 Telemetry Device and CL Pods Use Models
Pod or CL NBP Pod to an MP5, MP2, or X2 IntelliVue
Pods to the telemetry device is not possible in this use model.
CL Pods must have an equipment label which can be set using the Support Tool
Can use monitor or telemetry device label for the X2, MP2, MP5.
J46 SRR interface board
Enable Wireless Sensors (unchecked)
Pod moves out of range of the