7 Telemetry Device and CL Pods Use Models
Use Model 4
X2 or MP5 declared as telemetry device and paired with a larger monitor. Direct connection -
*This use model involves directly connecting an X2 or MP5 with a 1.4 GHz / 2.4 GHz Smart Hopping
telemetry device radio that is declared as a telemetry device at the Information Center to a larger monitor
which is connected to an IntelliVue Information Center. The direct connection can be established either
via a cable (MSL connection), or by directly attaching the X2 to the MMS mount of a larger monitor.
• If configured, the monitor and the X2 or MP5 with telemetry device labels are automatically paired at
the Information Center when the direct connection is established.
• Data from the X2 or MP5 is displayed at the Information Center in the same patient sector as the larger
• When connected, the X2 or MP5 is acting as companion (MMS) to the larger host monitor and there is
no delay when directly connected.
• When disconnected, the devices remain paired and the X2 or MP5 data appears in the telemetry device
data window automatically once the 1.4 GHz / 2.4 GHz Smart Hopping telemetry device radio is
• When the X2 or MP5 are disconnected, the screen switches to the embedded telemetry device data
window automatically once the 1.4 GHz / 2.4 GHz Smart Hopping telemetry device radio is activated.
• Integrated data in a single sector at the Information Center.
• Continuous electronic data collection during transport through areas with 1.4 GHz / 2.4 GHz Smart
• A telemetry device cannot be used with the X2 or MP5.
Telemetry Device Use Models