Monitor Database Configuration
b. you can use the menu items to change individual sections of the database.
– Event Surveillance: In the Database Configurations menu, select Event
Surveillance, then select the event database configuration you require from the list of available
– Calcs: The life time of a calculation is the life time of the vital signs (in the trend database) that
were used for the calculation.
– Trends: in the Database Configurations menu, the currently active database configuration
is shown, for example, the entry 32P 4h@12s 24h@1min 48h@5min tells you that the trends
section of the database contains trend information on 32 measurement parameters from the past 4
hours at a resolution of 12 seconds, from the past 24 hours at a resolution of 1 minute, and from the
past 48 hours at a resolution of 5 minutes.
To change the setting, select the database section you wish to change, then select the required
configuration from the list of available settings.
– Trend Transport: The trend transport database is used for the trend data transport between
two monitors. It allows to transport up to 50 periodic numerics of continues parameters and all
aperiodic values independent of the trend database configuration.The Trend transport database is a
fixed setting. In Configuration mode, the setting is shown grayed-out.
– Print Database: In the Database Configurations menu, select Print Database, then
select the database configuration you require from the list of available configurations.
– 12 Lead ECG: In the Database Configurations menu, select 12 Lead ECG, then select
the database configuration you require from the list of available configurations.
Select the Store Config pop-up key to store your changes. You will be prompted to confirm this
action. Selecting Confirm stores your changes.
Selecting the Store Config pop-up key causes a coldstart, i.e. it discharges the patient, resets all
C A U T I O N
settings to the default profile, and erases all information in the database. The monitor will automatically be
switched off and then on again.
The calculations database stores up to 50 calculations. This configuration cannot be changed, hence in
Configuration mode, this setting is shown grayed-out.
This table illustrates the trend database configurations and their defaults for the different monitors with
their H and database options.
Trend Database for IntelliVue Patient Monitors
Maximal number of parameters (P) in the past time (h) in resolution (s/min)
4 Configuration Settings Appendix