Playing a DivX Movie File
The recorder can play Divx files. Before playing DivX
files, read "DivX file requirement" on right.
1. Press HOME then select [MOVIE] option.
2. Select a media that contains DivX file(s) then
The [Movie List] menu appears on the TV screen.
3. Press v / V to select a folder, and press ENTER.
A list of files in the folder appears. If you are in a
file list and want to return to the Folder list, use the
v / V buttons on the remote to highlight
4. If you want to view a particular file, press v / V to
highlight a file and press PLAY (N).
You can use variable playback functions. Refer to
5. Press STOP to stop the playback. The [Movie List]
Notice for displaying the DivX subtitle
If the subtitle does not display properly, please follow
the steps below.
1. Press PAUSE/STEP when the subtitle appears.
2. Press and hold SUBTITLE about 5 seconds.
The language code will appear.
3. Press SUBTITLE to select another language code
until the subtitle is displayed properly.
4. Press PLAY (N) to continue playback.
Movie List menu options
1. Press v / V to select a folder/file on the [Movie
List] menu then press ENTER.
[Movie List] menu options appear.
The menu options displayed differ depending on
the selected media.
2. Press v / V / b / B to select an option, and press
[Play] Start playback the selected title.
[Open] Opens the folder and a list of files in the
DivX file requirement
Available resolution size: 720x576 (W x H) pixel
DivX file extensions: ".avi", ".divx"
Playable DivX subtitle: ".smi", ".srt", ".ssa",
".sub (Micro DVD format)",
".txt (Micro DVD format)"
Playable Codec format: "DIV3", "DIVX", "DX40",
"DX50", "3ivx", "MP4V2", "MP4V3"
Playable Audio format: "AC3", "PCM", "MP3",
within 16 - 48 kHz (MP3)
within 32 - 320kbps (MP3)
CD-R Format: ISO 9660 and JOLIET.
DVD±R/RW Format: ISO 9660 (UDF Bridge format)
Maximum Files/Disc: Less than 999 (total number
of files and folders)
Notes on DivX format
If the number of the screen frame is over 29.97
frames per second, this unit may not operate
If the video and audio structure of recorded file is
not interleaved, returns to the menu screen.