Fill the utensil (or serving dish) to be tested with
one cup of cold water. Microwave for 90 seconds
at 100% power. If the water becomes warm and the
utensil stays cool, it is safe to use. If the water stays
cool and the utensil becomes very hot, it should not
be used in the microwave.
If the door or door seals are damaged, the oven
must not be operated until it has been repaired by a
It is hazardous for anyone other than a qualified
person to carry out any service or repair operation
which involves the removal of any cover which gives
protection against exposure to microwave energy.
Liquids or other foods must not be heated in sealed
containers since they are liable to explode.
Only allow children to use the oven without
supervision when adequate instructions have been
given so that the child is able to use the oven in a
safe way and understands the hazards of improper
If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced
by the manufacturer or its service agent or similarly
qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
This product has not been designed for any uses
other than those specified in this booklet.
Save These Instructions
Precautions to Avoid Possible
Exposure to Excessive
Do not attempt to operate this oven with the
door open since open-door operation can result
in harmful exposure to microwave energy. It is
important not to interfere or tamper with the
Do not place any object between the oven front
face and the door or allow soil or cleaner residue
to accumulate on sealing surfaces.
Do not operate the oven if it is damaged. It is
particularly important that the oven door closes
properly and that there is no damage to the:
1. Door (bent),
2. Hinges and latches (broken or loosened),
3. Door seals and sealing surfaces.
The oven should not be adjusted or repaired
by anyone except properly qualified service
If moving or transporting microwave, keep
microwave well protected as rough treatment can
Before You Call for Service
If the oven fails to operate:
Check to ensure that the oven is plugged in
securely to the power outlet. If it is not, remove
the plug from the outlet, wait 10 seconds and
plug it in again securely, and switch on.
Check for a blown circuit fuse or a tripped main
circuit breaker. If these seem to be operating
properly, test the outlet with another appliance.
Check to ensure that the control panel is
programmed correctly and the timer is set.
Check to ensure that the door is securely closed,
engaging the door safety lock system, otherwise
the microwave energy will not flow into the oven.
IF NONE OF THE ABOVE RECTIFY THE SITUATION
THEN CONTACT A QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN. DO NOT
TRY TO ADJUST OR REPAIR THE OVEN YOURSELF.