2.1 DROPPED CEILING HOUSING
WARNING: Installation must be performed by qualified technical
personnel and must be in accordance with all national and local
mechanical and electrical codes.
Perform the following steps to install a dropped ceiling housing . Refer to
1. Select the location(s) of the housing (s). Each HD6 requires a 24Vac ± 10% power
source when measured at the dome. Ensure a 24Vac @ 1.1A power source is
available at the dome. Refer to Section 3.1.1 for maximum wiring distances to the
2. Remove the ceiling panel (2'x4' or 2'x2') at the dome location.
3. Place the ceiling tile on the dropped ceiling plate. Trim the ceiling tile so you can
press the ceiling tile into the dropped ceiling plate.
4. Cut a hole in the ceiling tile flush with the hole in the center of the plate.
5. Secure a safety cable (supplied by installer) to a building support structure.
Honeywell Video Systems recommends using 3/32" plastic coated aircraft cable
(part 849518-0311) and looping sleeves (part 849511-0057). These parts can be
ordered from the Honeywell Video Systems parts department.
SAFETY CABLE TIE POINT
(METAL TAB WITH HOLE ON SIDE OF CAN)
CONNECT SECURELY TO BUILDING
(RELEASES TOP PLATE)
SCAN ALIGNMENT STUDS
CUT-OUT IN CEILING TILE
7 5/8" DIA.
Figure 1: Dropped Ceiling Housing Installation
WING TAB (3 PLACES)
TURN SCREW CLOCKWISE TO
EXTEND SUPPORT CLAMPS AND
SECURE DOME TO CEILING
(TYPICAL 3 PLACES)
ATTACH LANYARD TO BOTTOM
DROPPED CEILING PLATE
CUSTOMER 2 FT
.62 (15.7) DROPPED