The PM5D matrix has 8 outputs and is fed by the 24 MIX buses and the two STEREO master buses. You can pair
matrixes just like mixes.
"THE EXAMPLES" use the matrix for their spare in-ear monitor system;
If there is a failure of a band member's IEM system then their mix can be sent to the spare;
1) Turn on MATRIX 1 and 2 and pair them by press and holding both [SEL] keys.
2) Turn up encoder 2 to 3 o'clock to give unity output.
The set up is now ready.
When the spare is required;
1) Double click the MATRIX 2 [SEL] key
2) Turn on and up the mix that needs to go to the spare.
3) Double click the MATRIX 1 [SEL] key and check that L and R are panned for stereo; or do this as part of the set up
for all mixes.
Now is a another good time to store;
See page 11 for how to store now!
You can write over the
previously saved scene or
choose a new location if
you think you might ever
need to go back!
PM5D / PM5D-RH Quick Start Guide Part 1
To send a mix to the matrix;
Press and hold or double click the MATRIX
[SEL] key. The MIX [SEL] lights will ﬂ ash and
the encoders will show the levels or pans sent to
the chosen matrix. Alternatively press and hold or
double click the [SEL] key of a mix or master to see
the amount sent to the eight matrixes.