To avoid the possibility of malfunction/ damage to
the product, damage to data, or damage to other
property, follow the notices below.
• Do not use the instrument in the vicinity of a TV,
radio, stereo equipment, mobile phone, or other
electric devices. Otherwise, the instrument, TV, or
radio may generate noise. When you use the
instrument along with a smart device, such as an
iPhone, iPad, etc., we recommend that you set that
device's "Airplane Mode" to on and then the Wi-Fi
setting to on in order to avoid noise caused by
• Do not expose the instrument to excessive dust or
vibrations, or extreme cold or heat (such as in
direct sunlight, near a heater, or in a car during the
day) to prevent the possibility of panel
disfiguration, damage to the internal components
or unstable operation.
• Do not place vinyl, plastic or rubber objects on the
instrument, since this might discolor the panel or
• Bumping the surface of the instrument with metal,
porcelain, or other hard objects can cause the
finish to crack or peel. Use caution.
• Do not drag the instrument when moving it.
Doing so may damage the floor.
• When cleaning the instrument, use a soft and dry
cloth. Do not use paint thinners, solvents, alcohol,
cleaning fluids, or chemical-impregnated wiping
• Gently remove dust and dirt with a soft cloth. Do
not wipe too hard since small particles of dirt can
scratch the instrument's finish.
• During extreme changes in temperature or
humidity, condensation may occur and water may
collect on the surface of the instrument. If water is
left, the wooden parts may absorb the water and be
damaged. Make sure to wipe any water off
immediately with a soft cloth.
• The MIDI Song recorded to this instrument
(page 22) are retained when the power is turned
off. However, the saved data may be lost due to
some failure, an operation mistake, etc. Save your
important data onto an external device such as a
computer (page 31).
• To protect against data loss through USB flash
drive damage, we recommend that you save your
important data onto spare USB flash drive or an
external device such as a computer as backup data.
• Copying of the commercially available musical
data including but not limited to MIDI data and/or
audio data is strictly prohibited except for your
• This product incorporates and bundles contents in
which Yamaha owns copyrights or with respect to
which Yamaha has license to use others'
copyrights. Due to copyright laws and other
relevant laws, you are NOT allowed to distribute
media in which these contents are saved or
recorded and remain virtually the same or very
similar to those in the product.
* The contents described above include a computer
program, Accompaniment Style data, MIDI data,
WAVE data, voice recording data, a score, score
* You are allowed to distribute medium in which
your performance or music production using
these contents is recorded, and the permission of
Yamaha Corporation is not required in such
About functions/data bundled with
• Some of the preset songs have been edited for
length or arrangement, and may not be exactly the
same as the original.
About this manual
• The illustrations as shown in this manual are for
instructional purposes only, and may appear
somewhat different from those on your
• Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft®
Corporation in the United States and other
• iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of
Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other
• The company names and product names in this
manual are the trademarks or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.
SC2 Owner's Manual