PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
Please keep this manual in a safe and handy place for future reference.
• This AC adaptor is designed for use with only Yamaha electronic
devices. Do not use for any other purpose.
• Indoor use only. Do not use in any wet environments.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of serious injury or even death from electrical
shock, short-circuiting, damages, fire or other hazards. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Power supply/AC adaptor
• Do not place the power cord near heat sources such as heaters or
radiators. Also, do not excessively bend or otherwise damage the
cord, or place heavy objects on it.
• Only use the voltage specified as correct for the instrument. The
required voltage is printed on the name plate of the instrument.
• Use the specified adaptor (page 42) only. Using the wrong adaptor
can result in damage to the instrument or overheating.
• Check the electric plug periodically and remove any dirt or dust
which may have accumulated on it.
• Unplug the power cord from the AC outlet when cleaning the
Do not open
• This instrument contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not open the
instrument or attempt to disassemble or modify the internal
components in any way. If it should appear to be malfunctioning,
discontinue use immediately and have it inspected by qualified
Yamaha service personnel.
For the AC adaptor
• When setting up, make sure that the AC outlet is easily accessible. If
For the instrument
• Do not expose the instrument to rain, use it near water or in damp or
• Never insert or remove an electric plug with wet hands.
• Do not put burning items, such as candles, on the unit.
• When one of the following problems occur, immediately turn off the
some trouble or malfunction occurs, immediately turn off the power
switch of the instrument and disconnect the AC adaptor from the
outlet. When the AC adaptor is connected to the AC outlet, keep in
mind that electricity is flowing at the minimum level, even if the
power switch is turned off. When you are not using the instrument
for a long time, make sure to unplug the power cord from the wall
wet conditions, or place on it any containers (such as vases, bottles
or glasses) containing liquids which might spill into any openings.
If any liquid such as water seeps into the instrument, turn off the
power immediately and unplug the power cord from the AC outlet.
Then have the instrument inspected by qualified Yamaha service
A burning item may fall over and cause a fire.
If you notice any abnormality
power switch and disconnect the electric plug from the outlet. Then
have the device inspected by Yamaha service personnel.
- The power cord or plug becomes frayed or damaged.
- It emits unusual smells or smoke.
- Some object has been dropped into the instrument.
- There is a sudden loss of sound during use of the instrument.
SC2 Owner's Manual