9.2 Emergency Stop Switch Connection
9.2.1 Emergency Stop Switch
If it is desired to add an external Emergency Stop switch(es) in addition to the Emergency
Stop on the Teach Pendant and Operator Panel, be sure to connect such Emergency Stop
switch(es) to the Emergency Stop input terminal on the EMERGENCY connector.
The Emergency Stop switch connected must comply with the following:
- It must be a push button switch that is "normally closed".
- A button that does not automatically return or resume.
- The button must be mushroom-shaped and red.
- The button must have a double contact that is "normally closed".
The signal from the Emergency Stop switch is designed to use two redundant circuits.
If the signals at the two circuits differ by two seconds or more, the system recognizes it as
a critical error. Therefore, make sure that the Emergency Stop switch has double
contacts and that each circuit connects to the specified pins on the EMERGENCY
connector at the Controller. Refer to the Setup & Operation 5.5 Circuit Diagrams.
9.2.2 Checking Emergency Stop Switch Operation
Once the Emergency Stop switch is connected to the EMERGENCY connector, continue
the following procedure to make sure that the switch functions properly. For the safety
of the operator, the Manipulator must not be powered ON until the following test is
(1) Turn ON the Controller to boot the controller software while pressing the Emergency
(2) Make sure that the seven-segment LED on the Controller displays
(3) Make sure that "E.Stop" is displayed on the status bar on the main window.
(4) Release the Emergency Stop Switch.
(5) Execute the RESET command.
(6) Make sure that
9.2.3 Recovery from Emergency Stop
To recover from the emergency stop condition, follow the procedure of safety check as
required by the system.
After safety check, the operations below are required to recover from the emergency stop
- Release the Emergency Stop Switch
- Execute the RESET command
main window status bar.
Setup & Operation 9. EMERGENCY
LED is turned OFF and that "E-Stop" is dimmed on the