Chapter 2. Overview
This guide provides information about installing and or replacing Customer Replaceable Units (CRUs).
However, this guide does not include procedures for all parts. It is expected that cables, switches, and certain
mechanical parts be replaced by trained service personnel without the need for step-by-step procedures.
Note: Use only parts provided by Lenovo.
This guide contains instructions for installing or replacing the following parts:
• Power supply
• Adapter card
• Heat sink and fan assembly
• Hard disk drive
• Hard disk drive fan assembly
• Optical drive
• Diskette drive or card reader
• Front panel connector assembly
• Memory module
• Front and rear fan assemblies
• Internal speaker
Additional information resources
If you have Internet access, the most up-to-date information for your computer is available at:
You can find:
• CRU removal and installation information
• CRU removal and installation videos
• Downloads and drivers
• Links to other useful sources of information
• Parts information
• Support phone list
• Troubleshooting information
Handling static-sensitive devices
Do not open the static-protective package containing the new part until the defective part has been removed
from the computer and you are ready to install the new part. Static electricity, although harmless to you, can
seriously damage computer components and parts.
© Copyright Lenovo 2009, 2011