2. Depending on your Windows version, do one of the following:
– For Windows 7: Click Control Panel.
– For Windows 10: Click Windows System ➙ Control Panel.
3. View Control Panel by Large icons or Small icons, and then click Programs and Features.
4. Do one of the following:
– To turn some Windows features off, click Turn Windows features on or off. Follow the
instructions on the screen.
– To remove some unnecessary programs, select the program you want to remove, and then click
Uninstall/Change or Uninstall.
The free memory space is insufficient.
• Right-click a blank area on the taskbar and open Task Manager. Then, end some tasks you are not
• Install additional memory modules. See Chapter 9 "Hardware removal and installation" on page 103. To
purchase memory modules, go to:
Serial connector problem
The serial connector cannot be accessed.
• Connect the serial cable from the serial connector on the computer to the serial device. If the serial device
has its own power cord, connect the power cord to a grounded electrical outlet.
• Turn on the serial device and keep the device online.
• Install any programs supplied with the serial device. Refer to the documentation that comes with the serial
device for more information.
• If you added one serial-connector adapter, ensure that the adapter is installed correctly.
USB device problems
A USB device cannot be accessed.
• Connect the USB cable from the USB connector to the USB device. If the USB device has its own power
cord, connect the power cord to a grounded electrical outlet.
• Turn on the USB device and keep the device online.
• Install any device drivers or programs supplied with the USB device. Refer to the documentation that
comes with the USB device for more information.
• Disconnect and reconnect the USB connector to reset the USB device.
• Ensure that the Smart USB Protection function is disabled. To configure the Smart USB Protection
function, see "Using the Smart USB Protection function" on page 64.
P920 Hardware Maintenance Manual