portable Speaker System
Markham, Ontario, L3R 1E3
Read these instructions before using your new product for the first time.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two
conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) This device must
accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
nOte: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B
digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide
reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This
equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed
and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio
communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a
particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television
reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is
encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
WarnInG: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party
responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
this class B digital apparatus complies with canadian IceS-003.
cet appareil numérique de la classe B est conforme à la norme nmB-003 du canada.
caUtIOn: The marking information is located at the bottom of the apparatus.
WarnInG: TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK HAZARD, DO NOT EXPOSE THE UNIT TO RAIN OR
Should any trouble occur, disconnect the AC power adapter and refer servicing to a qualified
• The AC adapter is used as disconnect device and it should remain readily operable during
intended used. In order to disconnect the apparatus from the mains completely, the AC
adapter should be disconnected from the mains socket outlet completely.
• Minimum 10 cm (4 inches) distances around the apparatus for sufficient ventilation.
• Do not use the unit in places that are extremely hot, cold, dusty or humid.
• Do not restrict the airflow of the unit by placing it in a place with poor airflow, by covering
it with a cloth, or by placing it on carpeting.
• The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and that no objects filled with
liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on apparatus.
• Batteries shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
• The ventilation should not be impeded by covering the ventilation openings with items
such as newspaper, table-cloths, curtains, etc.
• No naked flame sources such as lighted candles should be placed on the apparatus.
Do not turn up the volume while listening to your iPod with no audio signals or very low
level inputs. If you do so, the speakers may be damaged when the peak level of the sound is
Use the unit in moderate climates. Never use the unit where it would be subject to:
- Heat sources such as radiators or air ducts.
- Direct sunlight.
- Excessive dust.
- Moisture or rain.
- Mechanical vibration or shock.
- Uneven surface.
• Do not place any heavy objects on top of the unit.
• When the unit is used with an AC power adaptor, do not wrap the unit in a cloth, blanket,
etc.. If you do so, the temperature inside and outside the unit may rise considerably,
resulting in malfunctioning of the unit.
• If the unit is brought directly from a cold to a warm location, or is placed in a very damp
room, the moisture may condense on the lens inside the unit. Should this occur, the
unit will not operate. In this case, remove the disc and leave the unit in a warm place
for several hours until the moisture evaporates.
• For the unit to operate at its best, it should not be subject to temperatures below 41°F (5°C)
or above 95°F (35°C).
ImpOrtant Safety InStrUctIOnS
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with a dry cloth.
7. Do not block any of the ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other
apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding - type plug. A polarized
plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two
blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong is provided for
your safety. When the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician
for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs,
convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the
manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use
caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid
injury from tip-over.
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the
apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as the power-supply cord or plug is
damaged, liquid has spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has
been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
1. Sliding Door
6. Battery Compartment
7. VOLUME (+ / - ) Control
3. iPod Dock
8. Power Indicator
4. ON/OFF Switch
9. AUX IN Jack
5. DC IN Jack
Using the ac adapter
Using an AC adapter which is not supplied with the unit may damage the unit. The
supplied AC adapter operates on AC 100-120V.
to "Dc In 9V" jack
• Before use, ensure the rated voltage of the adapter matches your local voltage.
• The supplied AC adapter is for use with this unit only. Do not use it with other
• If you are not going to use the unit for a long time, disconnect the AC adapter from
the wall outlet.
• Whenever the AC adapter is plugged in to a wall outlet, electricity is running
through the unit, even it is in standby mode.
Open the battery door at the bottom of
the unit and insert six "AA" size batteries
into the battery compartment. Be sure that
the batteries are inserted correctly to avoid
damage to the unit.
• In order to conserve the battery life
during battery operation, iPod will not be
charged. However, iPod will be charged if
AC adapter is used.