Markham, Ontario, L3R 1E3
Read these instructions before using your new product for the first time.
this product complies with DHHS rULe 21 SUBcHapter J parts
1040-10 and 1040-11 at date of manufactured.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following
two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) This
device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause
note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class
B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to
provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not
installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference
to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not
occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to
radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off
and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the
receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
WarnInG: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party
responsible for compliance could void the user authority to operate the equipment.
this class B digital apparatus complies with canadian IceS-003.
Cet appareil numérique de la classe B est conforme à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
CAUTION: The marking information is located at the bottom of the apparatus.
TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK HAZARD, DO NOT EXPOSE THE UNIT TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
• The AC adapter is used as disconnect device and it should remain readily
operable during intended used. In order to disconnect the apparatus from the
mains completely, the AC adapter should be disconnected from the mains
socket outlet completely.
• Minimum 10 cm (4 inches) distances around the apparatus for sufficient ventilation.
• Do not use the unit in places that are extremely hot, cold, dusty or humid.
• Do not restrict the airflow of the unit by placing it in a place with poor airflow, by
covering it with a cloth, or by placing it on carpeting.
• The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and that no objects
filled with liquids,such as vases, shall be placed on apparatus.
• Batteries shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
• The ventilation should not be impeded by covering the ventilation openings
with items such as newspaper, table-cloths, curtains, etc.
• No naked flame sources such as lighted candles should be placed on the apparatus.
Do not turn up the volume while listening to your iPod with no audio signals or very low level
inputs. If you do so, the speakers may be damaged when the peak level of the sound is played.
Use the unit in moderate climates. Never use the unit where it would be subject to:
- Heat sources such as radiators or air ducts.
- Direct sunlight.
- Excessive dust.
- Moisture or rain.
- Mechanical vibration or shock.
- Uneven surface.
• Do not place any heavy objects on top of the unit.
• When the unit is used with an AC power adaptor, do not wrap the unit in a cloth,
System for ipod
blanket, etc.. If you do so, the temperature inside and outside the unit may rise
considerably, resulting in malfunctioning of the unit.
• If the unit is brought directly from a cold to a warm location, or is placed in a very
damp room, the moisture may condense on the lens inside the unit. Should this
occur, the unit will not operate. In this case, remove the disc and leave the unit in
a warm place for several hours until the moisture evaporates.
• For the unit to operate at its best, it should not be subject to temperatures below
41°F (5°C) or above 95°F (35°C).
Important Safety InStrUctIonS
Read these instructions.
Keep these instructions.
Heed all warnings.
Follow all instructions.
Do not use this apparatus near water.
Clean only with a dry cloth.
Do not block any of the ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the
Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or
other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding - type plug. A
polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type
plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong
is provided for your safety. When the provided plug does not fit into your outlet,
consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs,
convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table
specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the
apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when
moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid
injury from tip-over.
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when
the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as the power-supply cord or
plug is damaged, liquid has spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the
apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or
has been dropped.
Should any trouble occur, disconnect the AC power adapter and refer servicing to a
USInG tHe ac aDapter
Using an AC adapter which is not supplied with the unit may damage the unit. The
supplied AC adapter operates on AC 100V-240V~50/60Hz.
to ac outlet
to "Dc In 12V" jack
• Before use, ensure the rated voltage of the adapter matches your local voltage.
• The supplied AC adapter is for use with this unit only. Do not use it with other equipment.
• If you are not going to use the unit for a long time, disconnect the AC adapter from
the wall outlet.
• Whenever the AC adapter is plugged in to a wall outlet, electricity is running
through the unit, even it is in standby mode.
Open the battery door at the bottom of the unit and
insert six "1.5V UM-2/C size" batteries into the battery
compartment. Be sure that the batteries are inserted
correctly to avoid damage to the unit.
• In order to conserve Battery, during battery operation,
iPod will not be charged.
• Danger of explosion if batteries are incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or
• Be sure to install the batteries before unplugging the AC adaptor.
• When the unit is going to be left unplugged for a long time, remove the batteries to
avoid undue battery discharge and unit damage from battery leakage.
• Do not dispose of battery in a fire; battery may explode or leak.
• Do not mix old and new batteries. Do not mix ALKALINE, standard (CARBON-ZINC) or
rechargeable (NICKEL-CADMIUM) batteries.
WHen to repLace tHe BatterIeS
To check the batteries' condition, If the playback is abnormal, replace the batteries with
caUtIon: When discarding batteries, environmental problems must be considered and
local rules or laws governing the disposal of these bateries must be strictly followed.
VOLUME +/- buttons
10. DC IN jack
11. AUX IN jack
12. Earphone jack